Jriver/Bridge II loosing network connection

I’ve got a strange misbehaviour sometimes with the Bridge II and Jriver:

On certain tracks within an album, bridge instead of playing the track looses network connection immediately. This is reproducable and only solvable by pulling the network cable and reinserting.

Those tracks are perfectly playing on the PC by Media player on doubleclick. They are not playing on Jremote or Jriver, instead bridge drops from the Jriver “Play now” list, looses network connection for all clients, not only Jriver (althought network socket lights are still flashing) and Jriver crashes.

This is just on one or some tracks of a certain album. Probably it’s a Jriver bug, maybe a combined issue. Those tracks have no special name or anything else visible by inspection.

Did someone else experience this?

That sounds very strange, it could be a jriver issue(because of the crash) or an issue with the bridgeII itself. Can you try playing the Album with a different player to see if it has the same issue. If it does I would get the bridge replaced. If not it might be a jriver issue and youi could try reinstalling jRiver.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! Any idea what else except Minim Server I could use that’s easy in setup? I struggled a bit with minim server at the beginning when I tried.

With Jriver the problem exists with the PC and the QNAP version the same.

You could try Foobar2000. Also you could try copying to files to your PC aand the have JRiver play tham from your PC. That might tell us something.

Dennis

Do you have the options “Ignore Transport Events” and “Disable SetNext Support” checked , in “DLNA Controller Options” of the BridgeII option of the “Playing Now” menu. Not having these checked might caused the issue you are seeing.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said Do you have the options "Ignore Transport Events" and "Disable SetNext Support" checked , in "DLNA Controller Options" of the BridgeII option of the "Playing Now" menu. Not having these checked might caused the issue you are seeing.

Dennis

thanks much Dennis, I guess this was the solution. I didn’t check it so far althought I read about it, because I never had problems so far. Then suddenly they appeared and it seems now are solved. If I don’t post here again, it’s solved.

jazznut said
Dennis Kerrisk said Do you have the options "Ignore Transport Events" and "Disable SetNext Support" checked , in "DLNA Controller Options" of the BridgeII option of the "Playing Now" menu. Not having these checked might caused the issue you are seeing.

Dennis

thanks much Dennis, I guess this was the solution. I didn’t check it so far althought I read about it, because I never had problems so far. Then suddenly they appeared and it seems now are solved. If I don’t post here again, it’s solved.

I am glad your issue is fixed. These setting can cause all sorts of strange issues with the bridgeII that occur randomly.