Lost a family member yesterday

It is, of course, a cat thing.

My post was a bad pun.

Yes. I am so sorry to hear this. I too had a similar situation with our 12 year old kitty. You just have to grit your teeth. I am
Glad you have someone there living the life of luxury for 29 years. Wow.

1 Like

@Chops - Condolences on the loss of your kitty. Our pets hold a special place in our hearts. That will never leave you.

1 Like

It was an awesome pun. But that’s me, as I love puns. And I love cats. Mysteriously, they seem to love me, I appreciate their indifference, despite being more of a dog person (on the tiny, silly, dog/cat Binary animal spectrum). Llamas need not apply ; )

I had a friends’ cat climb into my lap, and I was petting him while we were sitting around talking, and they had a shocked expression on their faces.

I asked, “What…?”

And they said, “He NEVER DOES THAT” : )

1 Like

Probably everyone who has lost a pet and utilized a service to inter or cremate them has gotten this, which, sappy as it is, made me completely lose it:

Sorry to call it sappy. Just true.

2 Likes

There is one more thing I would like to add.
When the time comes go in with them.
I have made a lot of mistakes, done things I am not proud of. Over the years I have been able to forgive myself for all but one. And that was turning my first dog over to the vet and leaving. I stayed with my next two dogs, was able to be sure they didn’t suffer, or feel alone. I will never forgive myself for that act of selfishness
I always tell people that I am a dog person, but that I like cats, I just don’t understand them. They are beautiful, mysterious creatures.

4 Likes

All great messages Shared, indeed…our furry ever faithful has also convinced us that we have observed true feline audiophilia. :blush:

1 Like

One develops a relationship with a cat only if the cat is interested. The friendship develops slowly and becomes more complex with time.

1 Like

Hence their shock. I suppose that’s why the Mars/Venus Dog/Cat thing. But I have an aversion to those sorts of binary oversimplifications of Life in General.

It is definitely not this simple. :slight_smile:

But the cat decided you were a likely candidate and was testing his best pick-up line.

So very sorry for your loss. My little buddy, Henry–a poodle-- was put down a year ago. I miss him still.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss -surely there must be tons of stories in that household though. Come to think about it, my black cat Oscar is the creature I’ve loved and empathized the most with. And that includes humans.

1 Like

I lost Parker, the white and black bunny in the foreground. That’s Sienna his new widow behind him.
I am totally gutted. He was my pal.
Kidney failure took him fast. He did not suffer.

7 Likes

So sorry to hear of your loss. My heartfelt wishes to you in this time.

1 Like

Al,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Pets become a most important part of the family and are a terrible loss when they pass on. Hard days indeed. :frowning:
Vern

3 Likes

Sorry Al. Our pets are often like our children.
Our dog, Olive, is 15 and declining. It’s going to be tough.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy, Parker. My thoughts are with you and Sienna.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Whether a dog, cat or rabbit it is hard to lose a great friend and companion.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Losing a companion is tough.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve been there many times, it’s never easy.
Pets are my favorite people.

2 Likes