Our family just lost our 30+ year old kitty about an hour ago

Well, just an hour ago, our family lost another sweet kitty of over 30 years! His name was Puzz and my grandmother got him as a kitten when I was only 14 years old! 14 years old and I am now 44! Yes, Puzz lived for over 30 healthy years! Though the last month or two, he declined rather quickly, especially in the last couple of weeks. Poor Baby Puzz. He will definitely be sorely missed by all.

About 7 or 8 years ago…

[IMG]

[IMG]

About a year ago…

And just a couple of moths ago…

10 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I must say that is a very good run!

So sorry to hear of your loss. A beautiful cat!

Wow, 30 years. That must be a record. Sympathy, and congratulations for having such an incredible pal.

Wow! Obviously a well cared for kitty.

Sorry for your loss :frowning_face: 30 years… holy crap…

1 Like

Very sad to hear about your loss. That has to be the longest feline life that I’ve ever heard of. Quite incredible.

Sorry for your loss. Obviously good genes, plus great care!

So sorry for your loss! Hopefully in the near future a very lucky cat will start a new wonderful life with you.

Very strong run, he looks like a character🙂
Bet he got into a lot of mischief over a 30yr cat career

Condolences
-JP

30 years, amazing! My condolences. We have a 19 year old that has gotten a bit scruffy, kind of like Mr. Puzz in the last couple of photos. She is skin and bones but just keeps hanging on. She is the “boss” and is not letting go of power just yet. Bad part is she can’t aim in the litter box and, well, the living room floor is covered with plastic and paper to catch the errant pee.

Wow…incredible! After reading this I Googled ‘oldest cat’ and got this blurb
" The oldest cat ever according to the record books is Creme Puff , who was born on August 3, 1967, and lived until August 6, 2005 – an amazing 38 years and three days"

And then I got this!
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/worlds-oldest-cat-celebrates-30th-birthday

1 Like

I mourn with you. Cats are my favorite animal.
My Sotis only turned 19, he died the day before my birthday.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Think of all the memories you have of that companion! Cherish those and remember and your cat will never die in your mind.

What a beautiful cat. So sorry for you loss. 30 years is amazing but it doesn’t make their passing any easier!

Sorry for your loss. Thirty years is an amazing run for a cat! If only our beloved doggies could live that long. My Gigi was 16 when she crossed and I would’ve loved another 16! My current cat is 11, and she’s healthy…

Sad to hear about your loss but I know that your kitten had a good life full of love and smiles. We had two Bengals and I thought that they did well at 22 and 23 years.

So sorry for your loss @Chops. God speed to your kitty and my condolences to you and your family.

@Chops may I ask what you fed the beast? I’d love to keep my furry horde going for as long as possible.

Sorry about your loss @Chops…30 years is a great life for a kitty-cat. Lucky cat had a great owner too.