Magico Magic (and unrelated matters)

A room/setup combination that goes down that far in a rather flat way is a gift or luck, however you want to call it…I don’t have it, but I’d like to.

1 Like

I must confess, whether it was really the very low 32 ft pipe or the 16 ft or the combination, I don’t know, but yes You could clearly feel the waves and the sound is really alive. Sure it’s not a flat response all the way down, but enough to make it special.

1 Like

Klipsch are outstanding speakers and cult followed. However, I think we can all agree they are not the likes of Magico or many similar brands? I mean cost no object.

Could someone please answer my question about not going crazy with USB power. You folks don’t really know me. I will spend to no end if I can hear it and it pleases me. I hate wasting money! IMO your biggest investment is going to be your speakers. USB power is about at the bottom?

Yes we know, you are a big spender. LOL.

you could add…

Where’s the Beef?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=where’s+the+beef&t=ffnt&atb=v1-1&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=riH5EsGcmTw

Changing the subject for a minute. In honor of @Brodric and @Elk (despite their occasional differences) and all the rest of us who have enjoyed this thread immensely. “I am, you are, we are Australian.” Apparently not the national anthem (yet).

Great commercial!

Baldy,

Be careful to not over do it on the upper X-over point. The idea is to address speakers that are weaker in the mid bass and lows, both. Like my CLX (not full range).

Don’t leave a frequency response hole somewhere is the idea. My full range CWT 1000-40 have WAY ample mid bass so that trick just adds congestion (too much lower midrange).

I error on being leaner if I can as I like a more vibrant and clean sound.

What works on one speaker style hurts another.

Best,

Galen

1 Like

Why, do some of you do that to me? I mean call me out on what I can spend? Like it is a sin? I just said I will spend money if i can absolutely hear it, enjoy it, and it makes a difference to me. Otherwise I actually hate wasting money! I do not just go around spending money! No sir! I am very careful what I purchase in fact. Please do not do that to me.

I just figured USB power is a last concern. Especially with the DSS.

Also, in the first post by Brodric. The Boomerang looking isolation device. What is it? I could use a few of those.

Hi @2chan4ever,

Answer from Brodric:

https://www.magicoaudio.com/mpod

I think we should go back to the original topic in this thread: Magico Magic

Our friend Brodric, being the Magic(o) Cru(i)s(e)ader right now, asked me to post this for him. Mark the date 1 February 2020, he will be back.

Building Magico’s M2 monocoque

With my M3 speaker, in spite of their truly exceptionally engineered cabinet … i found a marked improvement in the two upper drivers SQ by surrounding the drivers with a few layers of “Sticky Felt”… they lost almost all their excessive brightness and midrange’s “Glare”…

Thank you Rudolf. I thought this thread was about anything. Or it just got badly derailed?

As I had said the Q1 I had was a superb speaker but too exacting for me. I enjoy a speaker that has a “sound”. I know many will say that is doing it all wrong but to each their own. My Sonus Faber Ex3ma are highly colored and right up my alley. The bookshelf that they have now seems much “cheaper”. I mean Magico. Although SF went down the toilet IMO.

And to some of us, that’s a very good thing.

1 Like

horn speakers can really make a positive difference in many ways

1 Like

Cheers, Tony. I hope you’re having as much fun as I am with my new toys. But I won’t be selling the Diapasons. When I want a different presentation / perspective I can wheel the big Shahinians back into place… They have magical qualities!

Thanks Galen,
In this case I kept sneaking up on both the xover and gain. With the sub adjustments all in your hand it is pretty easy hear or feel differences immediately. The control app has master volume, low pass filter, phase, polarity, parametric eq (freq., db bost, Q), and room gain compensation. Lots of things to adjust for a subwoofer. With some music I change the xover and gain a little but for most music in this room with these speakers 75hz xover and -30db gain works best. I a always open to new ways to solve any problem.

Who said anything about selling? :grin: My babies are coming with me when I move - as long as I can find a house with space for them!

2 Likes

:grin: I wasn’t advocating that you sell! I will be buried inside that Double Eagles when that day arrives…!

2 Likes

No problem, the thread is badly derailed, and I might be a big contributor to that, but like @jazznut said and judging by Brodric‘s reaction your input is welcome.