My recent experience with Revelation Audio Labs

It’s not so much the wait, but the complete dishonesty and lack of communication.

If I would’ve been told that delivery is 12-14 weeks (3 months), I’d be ok with that. But not when you actually do get answer (which is rare…) you get “delivering this week” or “your order is next”. That’s simply lying to the customer.

After polite but threatening emails re. Paypal disputes, I got A cable several weeks after the promised date.
But it’s the wrong cable.
ugh. So not worth it.

What did he send you @RonP?

Cat 8 ethernet

First time I heard that one. He probably just send you anything he had on hand to quiet you down. This guy is amazing.

1 Like

Exactly what i thought. Who knows?

I will no longer mention his products if anyone asks. That ends up being bad for both customers and Brad himself. But his business practices are the absolute worst.

1 Like

My sense he needs a front of house person to handle customers so he can just focus on the work.

2 Likes

On the money, Elk

I regret my order. I’d better buy a Tubulus cable as I though initialy.
I’m wondering how someone under high pressure (if he is) and with a so much un-consistent (and sometimes dishonest) communication like Brad has, how can he build handcarfted cables (so without industrialized process) with the same constant quality ?
Not sure at all to receive what he claims.
So now I plan to dispute my Paypal order and no matter if I receive nothing, especially something built in an urgent way…

It looks like in the future, we should place the order and the next minute also dispute it to get it on time. If PayPal asks why we are disputing so soon, then we can point them to this thread to read all the dispute stories and the magical result it gives :slight_smile:

Héhé. However the more I think to this the more I really don’t want to receive anything from Brad. Occasionaly I’m working on DIY projects. I do not pretend to be an expert in soldering cables or electronic components, however I know that it requires rigor in your work, you can produce bad things if you do not take your time and respect carefully some rules…

I got a full refund on my order and I have not heard from Brad so I will look for a RAL I2S substitute. Wireworld silver, Harmonic Solutions Magic cable, Inakustik? Any suggestions? I’d like to keep it under $500. I already have an AQ Vodka. I was looking forward to the RAL and I’m disappointed in Revelation Audio.

Keep an eye out for a used Crystal Cable HDMI. They are an older standard 1.3b so not for 4K signals but more than adequate and superb at audio. I have 2 and I love them. Pure silver with exceptional manufacture and standards.

I heard someone in this forum mention Pink Faun was outstanding.

https://magnahifi.com/pink-faun-il-1-i2s-interlink-hdmi-hdmi-1-meter/

Inakustik would be my pick.

Which model Al? I really like the USB cable I got from SGC.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/16481940626739985360?q=inakustik+exzellenz+hdmi+cable&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS591US592&hl=en-US&biw=1024&bih=653&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ALeKk02Q3cCVIcOjmHHsjPk8XKhpqMYdOg:1620880464624&prds=eto:11809598973115937980_0,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

$150.

1 Like

I would be very tempted by a Tubulus Argentus but it’s seems hard to get some feedback on it…

New update. Two weeks after I started a charge dispute with my CC company I just received a priority mail notification from Brad so it looks like the RAL I2S will be on its way! I hate to have to do business like that but it looks like @aangen is correct again. File a dispute and get your product. It’s a shame for a business to operate like that. Seems like with the word of mouth business and positive product reviews it could be very profitable.