New SR Master fuse review vs AM M1 and Purple to follow

Thanks for your question audiodelphi…

As for me, I don’t think another SR Master would help.
My Oppo 205 serves as a server and the fuse in it is firmwired
onto the board, I was able to ask and get a response from Oppo and
that is what they told me…

Now my Oppo does feed my fully stock DS dac…which I’m very reluctant
to open up…if finally get the moxi to do it … an SR Purple will find a home
there…I think the AM M1 might mellow it out too much for me.

Your SR Master should go to your P15 as this will benefit your entire system.
If you would like to try it get one for your Denali as well…

My .0002 is that your system would best benefit the most this way…

Just out of curiosity in which piece do you have the orange installed…
it is an excellent fuse btw…

Btw SR Purples are in my preamp and Parasaound JC5 power amp.

Hopes this helps your thinking…

Best wishes

Hey Donald…

My P15’s fuse is a 5 amp and have never had an SR fuse blow
in my P15…

My P15 carries quite a load when I first fire up my
Parasound JC5…at times will send the P15 into auto protect…
spoke to jamesh our whizkid and no worries I just press the on
button on the remote and away we go…the SR fuses have help up
well with no issues.

Best wishes

1 Like

Something I haven’t gotten around to share yet…

Was up at about 4 am so decided to listen at reduced volume
as in lows in the 35 db cresting from there to 61db…

What I have shared earlier amazingly apply to my experience
earlier this morning…amazing!!

Best wishes

1 Like

Thanks, I have a M-1 in P15 that has a 6.3A rating which is higher than the original. My next fuse will be a 5A. Well, I just gave myself an excuse to get one that actually protects the system. I will wait until you and others done with the reviews first.

1 Like

I am looking upon this new fuse debut with great curiosity but will still see it from the sidelines for now.
I have all M1’s on my gear (except for my amps) after a long run with the Purples. Subsequent upgrades in cables and components have given me more advances than fuse swapping, as it should given the cost differential. However, for those who have MkIl’s, the ground lift options offer a “no cost” tweak that can have similar effects to a fuse change. I am still playing around with these. My final justification to not get into the Supreme fuse is that I know that if I like it, I wouldn’t be satisfied with one, despite SR’s drug dealing rational that you only need one or two. I’m saving myself, from myself…unless.

4 Likes

Sorry. I meant Master, not Supreme, fuse upgrade. If I went down this path I could be calling it “my Precious”.

1 Like

Hey straightwire…

Okay to be on the sidelines…from my very brief time thus far…
it seems that truly only need 1 SR Master fuse to bring the entire
system to the next level.

Will try to keep thread free the clutter of other topic lines …

Best wishes

1 Like

I’d have to admit I’m really tempted to order one, but I really disagree with how much SR is charging for this fuse, it passed my self-imposed hard line. Iet’s see how far this thread goes and maybe I’ll have to wiggled my hard line just a little bit lol

2 Likes

You are right on SR’s pricing…
Yet as I wrote in my first post is the $600.00 price and $300.00 above the AM M1
and $400.00 more than the SR Purple justifiable?

Perhaps in the world of power cables forum members employ that are many
multiples in price beyond the SR Master fuse…the price is a minor issue
considering the improvement in the sound quality we appreciate…which
so far is panning out.

Whereas multi kilobuck power cables are out of range for me, the SR Master
was a attainable…and if I wind up not liking it can return withing 30 days for
refund.

Waymanchen master forum tweaker par excellence will soon be joining in with his
experience with his new SR Master fuse…it will certainly be great reading and am
so looking forward to waymanchen’s reporting…

Best wishes

1 Like

Tangentially, I am going to try a road less traveled by:

Ordered one specified for the PSA P10 power regenerator this morning.

I wonder if it too will make all the difference.

SEE

1 Like

Great but let’s for the moment keep this topic to it’s original intent…

Keep that one for another thread…not to clutter this one up as so often
happens with other threads

Will be looking forward to reading your review…on it’s own tread…thanks

Best wishes

2 Likes

Now with just over 48 hours on the SR Master fuse no apparent signs
of the burn in issues that were of so long duration with the Purple fuse…

Hope it remains this way…

Will get back with y’all as things develop…

Best wishes everyone

5 Likes

FedEx was a little late but I finally got the Master. This is one incredible fuse! The music come out much better than my M1. Everything has more separation and just as thick and full bodied sound as the M1, but more solid and better detailed. The high frequencies especially has such density, decay, air and separation, Amazing!! The bass is also tighter, more impactful and dynamic than the M1. Really gives it that extra oomph! The midrange is as full and sweet, but with greater clarity than the M1. This is with only an hour of warmup on the Master. More to come when the fuse get a chance to break in some, but it 's sounding incredibly clear and dynamic right now, Wow is all I can say!! I’m using the new DSD256 live recording from Octave Record of Gabriel Mervine and am really floored by the sound, simply the best digital recordingI have heard period!!

I tried the Master both directions and the SR towards the fuse cap give a better result. A little clearer and better separation on instruments. The M1 was better with the the top of the M pointing away from the cap. I tested the fuse holder with a tester and found the hot end is the end inside the fuse holder away from the cap so I found the sound does correspond to the direction of the fuse.
This is the direction that sounded the best with R towards cap.

This is the direction that sounds the best for the M1 in both my P20 and MK2 DAC.

5 Likes

Yaaay waymanchen…alright now!!!

Your SR Master arrived and your first impression strongly correlates
with my first impression…that’s great to hear and know.

Finding the orientation of the fuse given the silvery shiny SR print…
had me squinting with magnifying glass…never could figure out
what the letters read…thankfully my first try was the right one…

Looking forward to reading more of your findings with the new fuse.

Myself will also give updates as time moves along…

Wish you the best!!

2 Likes

You guys do not make this easy for me! I need to hold off a bit until my new cable is burned in at least. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

This Master fuse will not make a change like a major cable upgrade, but it sure can enhance what you like about your system even more than you would imagine. This fuse makes my system sounds more powerful and increase dynamic contrast without adding harshness or brightness like some other fuses. SR did it right this time. Not a major change, but enough to make me enjoy my system even more.

Looking forward to your reaction to the Omega, now that’s what I would call an upgrade!

2 Likes

How I wanted not to read that from you, guys!

Thanks for sharing, you are convincing me to try one sooner or later but I’d like to start from the MK II this time, awaiting other comments meanwhile from you.

1 Like

Thanks for the fuse review and photos of your favorite orientations for both the Master and the M1. You may have mentioned this before, but these findings are with the SR fuse in the P20 exclusively, yes?

1 Like

Perhaps some of my M-1 are backwards. At least in Mk2 and P20 I am set up opposite yours in PSA fuse holders. I will flip P-20 first since it is easier to access

1 Like

The thing about these fuses are if you break in the fuse in one direction even if it’s the wrong direction and then reverse the direction, more often than not the reversed direction will sound a little more dull and dirtier. The best way to do it is try both direction when the fuse is new and see which direction you prefer before break in. Contrary to what many thought, I find by using a electrical tester the power comes from the back end of the fuse holder and the cap end is the load side so with SR fuses the R should face the cap end. So my advice is try both ways when fuse is new and pick a preference and stick with it because I believe break in makes more difference than which direction the fuse is facing.

6 Likes