A new fuse : Synergistic Master Quantum

I open this post to report a new fuse, the Synergistic MASTER QUANTUM FUSE. Notice to the testers, but the price is much higher than the purple and the Audio Magic M1… but it seems that only 1 or 2 are needed in the system.

2 Likes

Just waiting for some stout hearted soul to give er a go 'round…

Oughta be interesting…

Best wishes

Interesting, however me think $350 would be a fair price hike if ever single word of their marketing material is true. Not one large if you convert that to USD.

With all the hype in their marketing text, one could simply buy 2 fuses and stick 'em in your ears. No electronics required! :rofl: :joy: :innocent:

11 Likes

£590 = $710 at the moment

2 Likes

In the Netherlands they’re €595. Supposedly originating from the States they should come at $595 or less.
My two cents.

I have heard improvements in sound quality from installing “audiophile” fuses. But never an improvement worth more than $49.95. I have paid as much as $250. for a single fuse (because of you troublemakers), but I’ve always felt that $200.05 of that price was wasted.

8 Likes

dang it… now I may consider that lol. Atleast there is a 30 day return.

Ron, pray tell which of the more reasonably priced fuses have you determined to be a good fit for your system?

Any fuse that doesn’t pop when I hit the power switch. :grinning:

10 Likes

Amen…

2 Likes

There is no doubt a fuse can make a difference on the sound of a component, but what difference depends on the balance of a system. The SR Purple is more of a top down balance, meaning more emphasis towards the higher frequencies in my system making the sound more bright but leaner. The AM M1 is more balanced towards the mids and lower mids which helps my system more. Fuses can filter noise from the power and can make the sound less grainy and more lucid from regenerators and especially on the new DS MK2 which seems especially sensitive to fuse changes.

I have tried all the HiFi Tuning different models and SR different colors. I always detect some differences from the continuing upgrades. The reason I’m willing to pay the high prices for these fuses is I feel it is worth the little bit of extra improvement it makes in my system.

I don’t know if the SR Master will sound any better than the SR Purple or M1, but I’ll probably try one just to find out.

5 Likes

Yeah, but no. I’m not playing the fuse game any more. I sucked it up and purchased a SR orange fuse for my BHK Pre. Zero improvement. Flipped it because these fuses are supposedly direction dependent (with no explanation from the manufacturers what it is in the design of an AC fuse that makes it direction dependent). Zero improvement and I specifically avoided confirmation bias to justify the cost.
My humble opinion. Better tweaks to spend my cash on. YMMV of course. As a working tech type, I also have choice words for SR’s marketing hype. I’ll keep that to myself.

8 Likes

Please try one, and do not tell us later this is the best fuse you have ever had :rofl:

2 Likes

If there is any type of electrical fault present, that’s a fuse’s primary purpose and what it suppose to do, be it costing a buck or a grand. Many of us fuse tweakers seem to forget about that fact. :grinning:

1 Like

Only thing is…Haven’t seen any for sale yet through the usual outlets…
Check on SR site no mention of a release date yet that I know of…
here in the US that is…
Any you out there might know?

Best wishes

Nicely done. Not everything has to make a difference. I remember hearing a difference but I wasn’t blown away by it by any means. Could have also been my own bias.

1 Like

These Master fuses are due to ship the end of February.

I’m in the UK so I’ve two ordered, both for my P20, one for the power cord and the other, the internal fuse.
The rest of my fuses are purples so it should be a good match, according to SR literature.

Looking forward to trying them.

1 Like

VH Audio is taking orders for Feb release.
I like fuses, but I did struggle with acquiring a SR Purple for a $800 device.
I don’t know where a $600 fuse would become a good return for me.

They say only one or two is needed but they know well enough audiophiles will replace their entire system with these anyway, seems like a way to mitigate the blow back due to insane pricing, and nothing else. I stop playing with fuses after orange, I think these constant releases are dumb and this latest pricing is even dumber. SR loses some reputation in my mind for it.