Audio Magic M2 vs SR Pink fuse, Owners thoughts and observations here please

As these two new fuses just hitting the market I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread on them. (I believe the M1 is no longer being manufactured?)

For owners of these new fuses please add your comments regarding the appropriate scenarios.

• M2 verses M1, improvements in sound
  • Pink verses Purple, improvements in sound
  • M2 verses Pink, should anyone have the opportunity to compare them.

The existing Master verses M1 thread should continue to be used for any thoughts regarding their use.

4 Likes

Let the hand wringing begin!

3 Likes

ABDE05C5-BED5-456B-8483-AC2FEC3E2ED0

5 Likes

I knew the next one from SR would involve Pink! I thought it might be purple with pink polka dots.

3 Likes

I have an AM M1 in my P20 and I remember liking it when I installed it.
So I read the AM description of the M2, looking for what differentiates it from the M1.
The only change in their description is the number 2 vs 1. Verbiage is identical.

Maybe early May, I’ll try a Pink in honor of the Giro D’Italia’s Maglia Rosa.

2 Likes

I might be more motivated to buy an SR fuse if they were called Grape and Strawberry instead of Purple and Pink.

1 Like

How about “Deep Purple”?

1 Like

SOSO…

The Pink Panther Yawning GIF | GIFDB.com

3 Likes

I don’t think that would taste any better. It would probably taste worse. :thinking:

Moby Grape?

3 Likes

M2 over M1 in better resolution, soundstage, clarity, and weight. Wait! I may as well say everything.:thinking:

No interest in Pink yet, unless this SDFB business doesn’t workout. But SR fuses work less successfully in the past (other than one single Master) so I’ll go for another M2 anyway.

2 Likes

I wonder how much of that difference is attributable to time in service for each fuse?

A lot in my experience. When i replaced a Purple after one year with a stock fuse, I frankly like stock better. But the Master fuse (2nd) after one year sounded better in MK2 and BHK pre than before. When I first put it in only the streamer can take it because everywhere else sounded worse!

M1 and so far M2 do not have the issue, they sound better than stock always.

My system is picky maybe.

2 Likes

Or you have exceptional hearing.

3 Likes

It should be silver. All other colors are unnecessary.

5 Likes

The Cable Company has already listed SR Pink. If what SR writes about these is true, it could be a mix between Purple and Master and combine their advantages. And at the end of the year a backup will be released that is priced higher than the master. Will exceed $1000 :thinking:

Synergistic will be at AXPONA. If Ted or Scott Walker offers some sort of special pricing for the new Pink I may consider getting one for the P20. See how it would sound compared to the M1. Otherwise I’ll wait for someone else to try it and declare it “jaw dropping” or some such exaggerated drivel like that.

2 Likes

I’ve already heard rumors that the Pink will cure flaccidity.

6 Likes

I heard advantages with Purple and Master, but also weaknesses. If the pink is a purple with the details of a master it could be more harmonious. Does the Pink sound like M2 then? I thought Donald would find out. But he seems to have ordered another M2 and an SDFB. Maybe he’ll use the 30 day test phase to compare Pink vs M2. :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I lost interest in fuses already. @scotte1 has beamed me up to the SDFB ship now, and I hope it doesn’t blow me up.

2 Likes