Recommended XLR connections

It’s a path that you can never see the end of. Just when you think you are “there” something else piques your interest or curiosity and off you go again.

2 Likes

Well Said

1 Like

I am not one to chase the cable dragon, literally or figuratively. I was intrigued by reviews and discussion of Audio Envy cables a few years ago. I ordered two sets of XLRs, for BHK 250 to BHK Pre, and from DSD to BHK Pre. It was near a component level upgrade for me. They are light, flexible and do not look like other cables. I was not expecting much, but they are absolutely wonderful in my system. More open without coloration. I think I may like to try Iconclast cables (in part to support their contributions to this forum), but I just don’t have the desire to change my sound. The Captain’s recounting of talking with big cable companies was interesting to say the least. See the Technolgy tab on their website. Audio Envy may not be everone’s cup of tea, but they work very well in my PS Audio kit, and left plenty of cash for more music.

I had Audio Envy XLR and their power cords in my system in the past. For the money they are exceptionally good. Now I use Iconoclast XLR UPOCC, and there is no question Iconoclast is better, but they are more expensive. Personally, they are well worth it.

2 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of! But I keep thinking is 10x the price going to sound 10x better? Flawed thinking but I own it.

I Demo’d some Inconoclast in my system years ago when they were sold directly from Belden. I thought the speaker cables were louder than any I had heard.

The only reason I didn’t keep them was they were only selling minimum 10 feet at the time and it was too long for my BHK300 setup.

I did have a pair of the XLR in for demo, but only from my DS to my preamp. The almost 15’ run from my preamp to BHK300 was too long - there was no demo pair to test. I didn’t hear a lot of benefit in the XLR, but probably would have if I had with all cable being Iconoclast.

Point being I feel you might need the whole system In iconoclast to really hear what it’s doing and get the full benefits.

Definitely would like a full loom of Iconoclast one day.

Don’t laugh but I’m using Mogami Gold XLR mic cable in my well over $100k system. Maybe I should start a Gofundme page to get some appropriate cables…

Thank you I just got my Iconoclast speaker wire today. Just got them hooked up…it is a precievable improvement over my Audioquest Rocket 44’s. Thanks to this community for calling Iconoclast to my attention.I had never heard of them before last week. I like that they are in seattle as I live in the Pacific NW. After getting XLR and speaker wire from them in last week things are sounding better in my system and it’s great.

9 Likes

Happy to know. Enjoy!

Which kind of Iconoclast speaker cable in particular are you trying?

I just inserted a pair of Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR’s into my system and wow, wow, wow! I really didn’t expect that kind of improvement. Pretty affordable too in comparison to some.

3 Likes

Iconoclast OFE Speaker Cables (pair), 7 foot, Bananas to Bananas

2 Likes

It surely is nice to hear the forum community could assist you o your audio journey and that overall you are happy with the results. With time everything will break in and the sound will settle in. Hopefully you have resolved your bi-wire jumper concern.

1 Like

Let us know if it improves further in the next 400 hours. Or after you have a serious “whoa” moment. :wink:

Do they offer local pickup? If so I’m worried for you and @vkennedy61 lol

Yeah dont go there
Its just a quick drive up the road

1 Like

The thought has crossed my mind.

1 Like

That would let you try out new cable on Friday and bring back on Monday if they don’t work. I’d say free shipping but not with the price of gas!

That’s one boring three hour drive. Plane or train and taxi locally would be better. Then I can read and listen to music. The train is a bit easier when not in a big hurry. No airport hassle.

1 Like

Biggest bang for the buck cables I’ve come across are the Synergistic Research Foundation line.

2 Likes