Redcloud for DS is live

Come and get it! Go to downloads and download Redcloud for DirectStream. Remember to unzip the file and remove the files out of the folder and onto a clean SD card. If you need instructions, go here.

Have fun and let us know!

Redcloud for DSJ later today.

Just ordered mine. Thanks!

Thanks Paul! Iā€™m extremely excited to check this out. I still canā€™t believe Ted continues to find ways to further improve upon an already stellar piece of hardware!

Mine is done. Thanks Paul.

Iā€™ve got mine! Canā€™t wait to try it out!

Out-flippinā€™-standing! Canā€™t wait to go home and get this loaded!

Thank you Paul and Ted!!!

Updated without a glitch! Bravo Paul, Ted and the entire PS Audio staff. All the more reason I know I made the right decision to become a PS Audio disciple. Christmas came early today! clapping_gifcircle-of-hearts-smiley-emoticon_gifbeer_gif

č¬č¬ ~~~ ę›“ę–°å„½äŗ†~~~åæ«ä¾†č½ å–”č€¶

Great news, thanks Paul, Ted, and everyone at PS Audio!

Is there a preferred order for installing the Bridge II update and Redcloud? Thanks.

Listening. Updated without issuesā€¦

Thanks Paul, Ted and PSA team. Appreciate the great work!

Red Cloud is a go!

Nrcd2GB.jpg

Canā€™t Bridge II updating be done in the same way as the DSDā€™s, i.e., via SD card (or USB)? Donā€™t see anything but network in the how-to, but Iā€™ve never done it that way.

Downloaded Redcloud and sampled some music: Some Stravinsky (Dumbarton Oaks), some Walton (Scherzo from First Symphony), some Paul Simon, some Josh Turner, some Vienna Teng. Outstanding! I didnā€™t know Huron had this much room for improvement. Itā€™s revelatory.

Both updates done without any problems. First impressions are Red Cloud is a bigger improvement over Huron than Huron>Torreys. A momentary gulp when the display reset to low dim from medium where I had it set but all is good. Keep up the good work. Forward to Octave and Bridge III!

No problems with install. If you like what Huron does for your earsā€¦Redcloud is much better in every regard. First impressions leaves me thinking any edge with Huron has vanished. Back to listening nowā€¦ happy-132_gif

Awesome! Just played Mozartā€™s requiem (Wiener - Bohm) on the DMP with Huron first and then Redcloud, and the improvement is obvious. Diana Ross sounded great through Bridge 2 as well.

Thank you Paul, Ted and PS Audio team for this early Xmas treat!

Fantastic update!

First impression:

• much improved touchable soundstage with even more plastically appearing instruments and voices
  • soundstage very much improved also in terms of instrument separation and assignment, like if additional rows of instruments are inserted and soundstage is better spread from left to right, too
  • more shine, authenticity and energy throughout
  • much better controlled deep bass (Donald Fagen, Yello, several classical orchestras, their timpani players and my sub say thank you!)
  • kind of purged out resonances and thickness from Huron
  • impression of weight seems shifted from deepest bass to upper bass/lower mids
  • nearly all clicks when switching from PCM to DSD gone
  • lower dimmed display available again
I should find more when swiching back an forth, but I don't want to go back ;-)

Congratulation and thanks Ted, this is an impressive upgrade!

No problems here too, butā€¦

Display setted on low dim by deafult. Switching to medium, display goes to off nerd_gif

Loaded up without any problem - anyway, I reloaded Huron then Redcloud and a power-cycle simply because Iā€™ve had previous issues with other O/S loadsā€¦ Where I live I am 7 hours in front of Boulder and the grandkids are staying the weekend, and in bed, so I am listening at 15 on the BHK preampā€¦ The performance is better in every areaā€¦ Top to bottomā€¦ More weight and clearer articulation - an easy tunefulness through the bassā€¦ Much more natural presentation overallā€¦ Very smoothā€¦ Very musicalā€¦ I have never heard my system sound this engaging with the volume at such a low levelā€¦ Normally after installing a new O/S it takes a good few hours before I can settle down with the change(s), but straight off the bat Redcloud is pulling me inā€¦ Well done Ted ! You are something elseā€¦

1 Like

Just done update, smoother than Huron dare I say more vinyl likeā€¦gulp. It is always hard to judge straight out of the box so needs some time but sounding great with some John Martyn. I have said it before in these forums but whether you think red cloud is better or not you have to applaud any manufacturer that goes beyond the extra mile. I buy PS Audio because I know that what I buy will not stand still and won,t need replacing just around the corner. Once again thanks to all at PS Audio for you dedication to getting the music right, it is a big part of our lives after all.