Shipping timelines?

Hi Scott and team. You mentioned that you would get the first 100 out on the stated timeline of September but I was curious about the next 200 who were also quoted that timeline. Do you think they will slip into the first part of October?

Welcome, zerodeefex!

I’m sure Scott will be along in short while.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually never expect a kickstarter to land in any reasonable time so the fact the first 100 are actually making it out by Sept seems pretty amazing.

Excellent point. :)

zerodeefex said I actually never expect a kickstarter to land in any reasonable time so the fact the first 100 are actually making it out by Sept seems pretty amazing.
Sprout is different from many Kickstarter campaigns in two ways.

a) The product was almost completely engineered before the campaign began. The money raised was not to do the design work but to make sure there was a market before signing contracts with suppliers etc. and defray the initial production costs.

b) PSA has people who know how to do packaging, inventory, etc. Very different from a true startup operation.

I think it’s neat how PSA was able to use Kickstarter to get into a new market that they might not have had confidence to try otherwise.

Sooo, are most shipments slated for November now?

Looks like Sprout is just like other Kickstarter projects in terms of timeline :)

We’ve already shipped some Sprouts out the door, more will follow this month. The majority of them in November.

I’m hoping we hear customer impressions soon. Can’t wait til November. Glad that most will get them then :)

Shipping to reviewers or actual kickstarter backers?

Both

Cool.

Are you writing people individually when my Sprouts are shipped. I’ve received my sales confirmation, but nothing else. Just curious, and obviously more than a bit anxious to receive a Sprout!smile

Same here. When can the initial Kickstarter supporters expect shipment?

Shipping begins in November and that’s just a few days away. The first 100 are all being auditioned and signed by Scott and that takes a while, but they should be shipping quite soon.

Sorry for dump question.

How can I find if I am or not in first 100 wave?

Burdoror… You would know if you are in the first 100 wave if you pledged when the ~US400 at the very start of the Kickstarter campaign. If you’re not sure, log into Kickstarter and go to the Sprout page. In the right hand column there should be the possible pledges listed. The one that is green with “You selected” at the top is the one you pledged. If it isn’t the one near the top labelled “Pledge 399 or more”, that is highlighted, you aren’t part of the first 100.

ok, got it. As I understand, first 100 is for US only :(

Im am in the first International group… however with the same est time shipping. “First 200pcs ONLY”;) It looks we have first 100 and first 200 :smiley:

Burdoror said ok, got it. As I understand, first 100 is for US only

Im am in the first International group… however with the same est time shipping. “First 200pcs ONLY” It looks we have first 100 and first 200 :smiley:

Me 2

I am also waiting in the International shipping group.

Hoping that if I will receive it before X’mas.

Hoping that if I will receive it before X'mas.

Damn. I will spend all my speakers budget till this time.

Last we heard was that it was a goal that all Kickstarter backers would receive delivery by Thanksgiving. This still the case?