Speaker cables what are you using for your system?

That’s what they are, copper wires with the thinnest coat of see thru red mostly transparent something.

$184 for a 6 foot pair.

2 Likes

three excellent choices

Quick photo of me overjoyed with my brand new Slinkytech ultra low capacitance cable. It was a bit of a price stretch but I managed it in the end.
The company promo promises, ‘Fully self-adjusting holographic image stabilization’.
Fun wire

*Note: Bass may come and go

1 Like

I recently replaced Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 with Audioblast 8awg cables from Amazon. It was a whim, and I wasn’t expecting much given the price, geometry, &c, but like @bootzilla and the OneConvey HDMI cable, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I figured they’d quickly get sent to purgatory, which is the second system in the house, or sent back with their 90-day guarantee. Nope, staying put.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LLCBV5X

They’re made in-house in Sri Lanka by an Australian company, Perstaff Holdings. About Us | PERSTAFF HOLDINGS (PVT) LTD. Beyond that I know nothing other than they sound great. The M700 pair seem to like them. At least until I get the upgrade itch again.

Nordost Tyr 2. Fantastic cables. Well balanced, smooth, energetic and detailed but not etched. Great top to bottom coherence. Open up the soundstage amazingly. Expensive but no where near as costly as the Valhalla but gives approximately 80% of their performance. An open tap for the amplifier and just disappears letting the BHK 250 sing

1 Like

I have AQ Robin Hood speaker cables with the M1200 amps for about 4 months now. I think they are just reached their peak performance now, or maybe they are still improving. Anyway, the combination seems work very well together. I also replaced the stocked power cords with Anticable Ref. 3 PC a couple months ago and the improvement was significant.

1 Like

AQ RH are very nice.

My system is not highend at all, so spend thousands dollars for speaker cable seems out of my budget and upgrade path. But I did take care of getting good sounding speaker cables for my system. I have M700 to power my 20yr old LINN Keilidh. M700s are placed very close to speakers to have the shortest speaker cable length possible. I biwire my speakers using BEL the wire S12 on treble ($100/meter when I bought them with LINN speakers back in 2000) and DYI Mogami W3103 (MOGAMI® - Superflexible Studio Speaker Cables) on bass. This combination seems gives good sound on my system.

1 Like

To me you have a great system. I still use my M700 and love them.

Interesting chart. The eight conductor W2941 pairs look like you could get even better RLC also. Where do you source you Mogami speaker wire from? What is the price per foot?

I have the AQ Thunderbirds and it took lots of hours for them to really shine!

1 Like

I get all my mogami cables from Performance Audio Mogami W3103 High Definition Speaker Cable (By the Foot) | Performance Audio

2 Likes

I did the thing. 2 sets Kimber 12VS 2.5M with WBT-0610Cu nextgen Banana plug. This is an upgrade from Kimber 4PR Classic I purchased many years ago in bulk for 2/ft and finally have the means. After 3 hours things are pretty crispy right at the moment, like when I got the tube amp back after a recap. I’m feeling like the detail is more but I am not having any moments just yet. I have not played anything I have been listening to pre cables either.

1 Like

Can anyone identify these? I got them back in 2000. They have no markings at all.

1 Like

Just a guess but they look like Tara Labs RSC conductors to me. I had something like those long time ago,but a bit different.

That would be my guess too, definitely “rectangular solid core” which was their building block topology.

1 Like

Thanks guys! They are on the warm full bodied side. Probably time to audition something new.

Problem with those cables was terminating them with their own connectors because they had two screws on a side to tighten them up and make a connection to wire. Or not… :sweat_smile:

Yep, kind of cheesy!

2 Likes

Good old memories just popped up 20 to 25 years ago and looks familiar :nerd_face: Surely they are Tara RSC cords I had at that time.

2 Likes