Sprout100 clicking noise/won't power on

My Sprout100 purchased early this year would not power on and there’s a continuous clicking noise . Similar thing happened once before where the unit did not power on for quite a while but there was no clicking noise.

I’ve tried removing the speaker cables, still no go.

Welcome! Sorry your Sprout is acting up. Can you tell if the power button is sticking? Also, try leaving it unplugged for a few hours and plugging it back in.

1 Like

Power button is not sticking. Did leave it unplugged for close to 8hrs since I posted, same thing.
I did notice thru the side vents, a green led flashing to the clicking noise.

Interesting, the light might be indicating that it’s turning on for a brief moment and then turning off. Sorry about this inconvenience. Shoot our tech support guys an email and they’ll get back to you with some info tomorrow when they get in. service@psaudio.com

1 Like

Ok, but it’s only the green light on the inside that flashes, the outside LED does not. There is no visual feedback on the outside.

Have sent a note to the Service ID.

1 Like

May i know what is the cause of the problem? I faced the same issue.

Hard to say what causes something like this. Same as Aman, reach out to our service team and we’ll get you up and running again. service@psaudio.com

i have the same issue. was this resolved?

I’ve been given many reasons for the problem: DC offset, Switch line not working correctly, failed relay and more.
With more of such issues identified, PS Audio must give an official word on this.
I’m more interested in knowing the root cause than PS Audio just fixing it. I don’t have a lot of confidence with this unit, will be switching to NAD / Schitt

Unless we know for sure what is causing a failure, all we can do is speculate. I think it’s much more important to fix an issue in a timely manor than speculate why said failure happened. Feel free to reach out to our service team and we can have one of our techs look at it. service@psaudio.com

email sent

1 Like

I had the same problem.
As I live in Uruguay I couldn’t just sent it to PS Audio to repair, it would have been too expensive., so I took it to a local audio service.
They found a dead resistor in the power supply, replaced it and my Sprout is working fine again.

1 Like

Thank you @gvera and welcome!

Hi,
I purchased my spout100 in 2020 (purchased from Austria, but I live in the Netherlands). Yesterday it started to have the same issue. I switched the sprout off after a listening session. After 5-10 min from switching it off it started to click. Whenever I connect the power cable It starts to click and only the green led from inside is blinking. I tried to reconnect the power cable three time (after removing all other cables and waiting for an hour) I did not manage to switch it on. The only change that happened to my audio setting in the last two weeks is the replacement of the crossover of my 8 Ohm speaker. Any way for two weeks it did not seem to have any problems with the new crossover. So I am not sure what could be the cause.

I would appreciate any thought on Fixing it and avoiding this issue in the future?

Shoot, that doesn’t sound good. In my experience when this happens, it needs to come in for repair. Be sure to send our service guys an email and they can set that up for you.

I already contacted the retailer in Austria. He offered to send it to your service guys there. I hope they can find out what went wrong. It will be a tough time not to listen to any music for 3-4 weeks :cry: I will keep you updated.

Update (01-03-2022): I received a message from the service company indicating that some broken parts need to be ordered from the US. They can’t tell me how long the reparation process will take due to shipping time. It’s not clear to me what is broken.

1 Like

Same issue here. Weird. It’s been working fine almost everyday.

Update: 25 Jan first email sent, and today, 19 Feb still no RMA instructions. I’m very disappointed.

That’s quite a long time! Did you try to call them?

Yesterday I finally got my device back. It seems that they replaced a specific part from inside. I did not get any information about the part that was defect. I guess it is not a generic part, because they had to order it from the US. A bit disappointed that the service company did not give any information about the fix.

I have the same problem and I took it to a local audio service, finally they found a dead capacitor…

1 Like