System Photos!

New D&D 8cs installed.

14 Likes

Mine have about 700 hours or so on them now. After 500 hours they really start to relax and make some beautiful music.

Really 500 hours. I bought KEF Reference 1s and maybe have 160 hours on em. They are just starting to open up. It’s less crazy with speakers but your head plays tricks and you wonder is it real or imagined.

1 Like

Not working them really hard but running a Roon radio seed on my local N+ library 24/7 for a few weeks and only turning up the volume for a couple hours in the evenings. They sound great right away but seem a little more relaxed and open now. I don’t have an internet connection here yet so no Tidal availability. It could be the rest of the components breaking in also.
I really like these speakers not only for the sound but ability to place them close to the front wall.
I played Peter Gabriel hits CD on the oppomod 203 last night and that was really nice too.
You may be right it could also be my brain opening up to the speakers :thinking: Dang it.

I love those stands.

1 Like

They’re Skylan. Noel makes them for the 8cs now with a top plate that lines up perfectly. I highly recommend them for the Dutch & Dutch speakers.

I’m at about 20 hours so still breaking in. I am very pleased with them. They are so musical right out of the box.

Yes they are. I’m not sure what I was expecting as they’re a very different solution. I haven’t had any time to mess around with the filters or fussy placement but no regrets at all. I think for the money they’re a bargain when you consider you are getting speakers that aren’t critical on placement and the amps are included.

1 Like

Looks good and still comes in place with your statement that the space between the speakers shall be free.

Baldy do you have a picture of your D&D 8c’s, I may have missed it.

I was hoping all the gear would be sitting on miss-matched upside down flower pots.

3 Likes

:joy: …that is funny $h!t right there!

1 Like

Here are my S 400 with Sprout 100 in the cottage.

At home, I am working on my Infinity

More love Denmark

Live Amsterdam

5 Likes

D&D 8c’s on either side of the fireplace. There are lots of things sonically “wrong” with the setup and room but these speakers really don’t seem to care.
The stack is in a closet on the other side of the room and the doors are usually closed unless I am using the CD player.
Matrix
Nucleus +
Oppomod 203
DS DAC
BHK preamp
P12

17 Likes

@michael-denmark
Do you know if there is an importer in the USA for the S400? I am thinking about doing the same Sprout 100 with S400’s for an office system.

They can only be purchased directly from Mads in Denmark who like to ship to the big world. It is actually a great sound coming from the two components.
You can write to Mads here
mailto:info@buchardtaudio.com

Here I play with some of my smaller speakers at home

Here are my S 300

More love Michael/Denmark

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll send them an email when I get back in the office on Monday

1 Like

Latest. Treated myself (undeservedly) to some Harbeth P3ESR’s. Made some very simple risers out of some brazilian cherry.

11 Likes

It’s not a secret but a great way to speed the hours on speakers is to wire them out of phase and place them face-to-face and let them play a mono signal. The better matched the pair, the less actual sound will be produced, it shouldn’t be much at all.

Let them play for a few days like this and break-in is done

1 Like

Thanks Baldy. Really nice picture.

That is the point in most living rooms isn’t it. There is not much to choose when it comes to positioning the speakers in a living room. You know what my wife said when I showed her your picture: “wonder if his spouse is happy about placing the speakers in front of the window?”, I went: “where else should he place the speakers”, so there we go.

I would certainly not put the electronics in front of the fire place, spot is taken anyway.

I like what you do, with the electronics, your room seems to a living room really and whenever you like you turn it into your own concert hall.

Certainly the Great Dane (if I am not mistaken) got the priorities straight.

I Read the Stereophile D&D 8c review, same kind of comments you had. But the reviewer said that the Bass became straight on when he put in the correct parameters via the Dutch&Dutch server.

Anyway, enjoy the system.