System Photos!

Similar here. The garage has two road bikes (Trek and Cannondale), a mountain bike (Fisher), and two Catrikes. And in the listening room there are somewhere around 30 pieces of new and old hi-fi gear.

3 Likes

Brandy (from grapes) go as kosher whiskey. Or would it be water from the peatland?

I used Primare A30.2, CD30, Dynaudio Contour 1.1 for about 10 years.

2 Likes

Luckily my wife’s a cyclist as well, so there’s no such thing as too many bikes. 7 road bikes, 2 gravel bikes, 2 tri bikes and a couple of MTBs…

6 Likes

Nakamichi Stasis TA-2 Receiver (Nelson Pass circuit)
Marantz CD67
Custom built sealed 400W 8 ohm tower loudspeakers with passive radiators at the back.

20 Likes

Oh my goodness, Nakamichi really has me forever. I have Nakamichi gear I will never ever use again but no way will I let it go. And those speakers remind me of ADS speakers. I still own and use them. And an extra pair I have borrowed to a friend is making him very happy.

I love that setup!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for kind words and it was a plessure to know your thoughts and experience.

My little heaven!

2 Likes

The white furniture in the left side is a desk right?
You sit at a computer while enjoying that fine system.
I so get that and as soon as I find a non-reflective table top I may do the same.
I’d have a chair I could slide in front of it still.

1 Like

The white furniture is a coffee table. Usually when I listen I dim the lights and do nothing to interfere my listening experience. On that table is my tea or sometimes a fine wine. The good part is that my girlfriend enjoys music with me.
I hope you do your best to make your plan work and find a table top to enjoy your music journey even better!

2 Likes

:joy: That’s awesome! I’m sure there’s some beautiful riding in Colorado.

1 Like

Deleted

19 Likes

OMG that system does things to me on an atomic scale, I’m absolutely drooling over that record deck!

2 Likes

Let us see all of those unsightly speaker cables…and what are the details of your analog rig. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ll post a picture of the room when it’s done, in a few days.

The turntable is a Claro Clarity Dual. Long story, but Claro Precision Engineering are a design and machining business in Yorkshire that were paid to make some turntables and their client went bust, so they finished it and sold it themselves. This was an upgrade on the original. Lack of marketing, they only sold a few dozen, but they are incredibly well engineered and a very clever, simple design. The bearing is a work of art and it uses standard motors (Premotec) and belts (Rega). Speed is digitally controlled.

Otherwise, Koetsu Urushi Gold on an Origin Live Illustrious Mk3 12" silver wired through the EAR Phonobox. Soundsmith Zephyr Mk3 MI on a Jelco TK-850 12" arm. I am not a fan of uni pivot arms, the OL has a dual pivot and the Jelco has a knife-edge bearing. It replaced a 750.

The Soundsmith Zephyr MI Mk3 is a great cartridge. The Zephyr MIMC is very popular, but the MIMC outputs 0.4mV and the Zephyr MI Mk3 2.4mV, so the Mk3 produces great sound through a decent MM phono stage with no noise at all. It has a lot of high end detail, no doubt due to the extremely lightweight cantilever for a MM or MI cartridge. One reason for the Jelco is the exchangeable head - there is an Ortofon 2M Mono sitting under the deck.

As the deck has no isolation, the whole thing sits on a Townshend Podium.

6 Likes

Deleted

27 Likes

About 4 months ago …

15 Likes

Excellent work. Well done.

Enjoy it.

Is the “Tray Ceiling” (that recessed square) incorporated solely for aesthetic reasons?

Curiously yours.

All I did was put up a couple of pictures and installed the hifi. The wife did the rest and overall superb contractors.

This work was really a necessity. We originally did the work very cheaply decades ago and it all broke over the years. The ceiling in this room collapsed this time last year thanks to a leak. Besides a lot of building, the house has been completely rewired and replumbed. Except for this room, all the floors on the ground floor were removed down to the earth.

There was a similar one in the demo room at the audio dealer and the wife liked it. It also allowed us to maintain the integrity of the main ceiling, as all the lighting is in the lowered part. This maximises soundproofing to the room above.

The speaker lights require 40cm diameter free space for heat dissipation, so less Gyproc insulation, more noise getting through. So the main ceiling is stuffed with Gyproc and the lowered part with the speaker/lights has none.

It also has power for concealed low-level lighting with LED strip lights, which we have not put in as we can get a very low light level using the main lights or the lights in the bookcases. The main lighting brightness varies from 0% to 100% in 1% increments and from 3000 kelvin to 5000k in 2k increments. Changing the warmth of the light is very useful, easier to read in cold light and listen in warm light. Plus the room changes colour.

The speaker lights also have a Cicadian setting where they change warmth and intensity depending on the time of day. In my office I use a rainforest setting that is warm light and plays birdsong. It’s very calming.

3 Likes