System Photos!

Awesome, that is all

Best,
-JP

1 Like

My living room system revamp:

25 Likes

Very nice set up. What speaker cable are you using?

Thanks!!!

P15 Regenerator

1 Like

Got them off of a friend. Funny you ask, but I was telling my wife I wanted to change them out!
FS-1 Speaker Cables (xindak.com)

1 Like

The Sweet Spot
A view from the Sweet Spot of my dedicated listening room.

38 Likes

Looks like heaven!

1 Like

20.7s look great in your room. What type of acoustical treatments are you using and where are they placed?

2 Likes

Acoustimac panels (suede with cherry trim to match the maggies) on the sidewalls and in the rear with bass traps in all corners. Vertical quadratic diffraction on entire front wall except behind the center drapes where 2" acoustimac panels plug the double window cavity.

4 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

That is truly a dedicated sound room! Nicely done! I have one issue, I saw this post yesterday, but it still bugs me. There isn’t one thing (in that photo at least) that is unnecessary. No art, no tchotchkes, no pets, no magazines/books, not even a cup/glass of [insert beverage], and not even a table to put those things on. How do you do it? :grinning:

4 Likes

I concur. That is how speakers visually disappear! Stunning Maggie room.

2 Likes

Yes indeed, it’s not easy to let a Maggie disappear…Ken achieved it.

3 Likes

What are driving the maggies, if you don’t mind me asking? Darren told me the M1200 would be killer there and with the Harbeth 40s. I went Harbeth because of my room and my obsession with the BBC sound, but the 20.7s will probably be attempted at some point.

I do have a small table on the right side of the chair used for the remote, controlling android tablet, and beverage of choice. As for art, the back wall has a large framed original poster of “Blown Away Man” from the 1980 Maxell ad campaign.

3 Likes

Sanders Magtech… an amazing amplifier with these speakers!

4 Likes

I believe the symmetry of this room and acoustic treatments have a lot to do with these large speakers disappearing. I have found that the right cables, vacuum tubes, etc. can enhance this effect. The speaker placement, toe angle, etc. are all laser aligned within 1/16th of an inch.
The sound that I get from these Maggies in this room is holographic, with hardly any sound at all being detected as eminating from the speakers themselves.

1 Like

Here’s me wanting to be on your back wall:

12 Likes

That’s even nicer…and I meant also visually they disappear within the evenly designed room.

1 Like

We recently had the symmetry discussion here somewhere and I also believe that in a symmetric room especially when without assymetrically placed furniture, an absolute symmetric placement achieves the best imaging and in my experience also very exact toe-in/placement is tannery’s way to achieve the best.

What music do you mainly listen to? I think especially with classical this setup must be fantastic.

1 Like