System Photos!

Nice. Looks like a snap out of a home decor magazine. I only hope puppy doesn’t decide to swing on that speaker cable.

12 Likes

The whole house is like a snap from home decor magazine 1952 but all systems are from 2017

Two 27kg puppies, so far so good in nearly 2 years

1 Like

Could do worse, it’s beautiful!

Thank you, it’s not a bad place to be, perhaps a better angle. BHK pre and M700 in front console that reminds me of the one my Elvis loving paternal grandmother had in the 60-70s. P10, source and DS in the adjacent room closet

DSCF1962

Built in 1952, bought from the original owner in 2008 and completely updated in 2016 to live in it myself, wife and 2 Bernese Mountain dog/Moyen poodle siblings. I spent 18 months ‘building’ the system. I mostly just enjoy it but I still tune a bit here and there.

Buchardt S400 are going up against Dynaudio Special 40 in a few weeks, should be interesting as the lead Buchardt designer left Dynaudio to explore other opportunities with wave guides. The Esotar Forty sounds pretty darn good with only 75 hours on them.

11 Likes

(on the left behind the speaker in picture) is the cream colored “Earth Chair” for your pet(s)?

Ah, no :wink: They stay off the furniture. It’s a Stressless chair from 2001. It has a far infrared heating pad on the back

2 Likes

Lovely amplifier … more love Michael

The speaker is not used as the main speaker system. So it is irrelevant here.
But you can make good sound with sloping walls. It requires some experience.

Links about acoustics, etc

It still sounds good. If Paul can get Aids 200 Hz / 600 Hz,: 1 x Midbass coupler, 6 x 3.8 cm soft domes on the new ones to sound like Quantum Line Source / QLS-1. then it gets wild

We go to the Church where Leander van der Steen is playing mostly every Sunday. The church has wonderful pipe organ. Sitting in the main section of the church facing the organ and hearing the music is wonderful. For those (us) who believe a true honor to our creator. He is also composing Christmas pieces / oratory each 2nd year, they are performed in the Amsterdam Concert Hall and just sound amazing. The pieces are recorded to CD in a large church. The sound engineers do a great job, the quality of those CD’s does reproduce the original sound very well. Great to be able to enjoy that music and spiritual content at home again and again.

1 Like

IMG_20190512_223426471

I want to thank this community for the guidance and advice in helping me assemble this setup that is providing me all sorts of joy.

The most recent additions are the Maggie 20.7’s and the Rel Carbon Ltd Subs as a result of advice from these forums. The rest of the system is DS Powerplant 15, BHK 300’s, BHK Preamp, Direcstream Dac, Baetis Prodigy Server, Rega Planar 8 Turntable with Hana SL Cartridge, Phonomena+ Phono Preamp. Analysis Plus Interconnects and Big Oval Speaker Wire.

The Maggies sit about 7 ft in front of the windows behind them. The room is 26 ft x 18ft x 8ft. The windows have pleated cloth blinds that do a pretty good job of diffusing anything above 500HZ. However, I have found that the imaging has been pretty good with the blinds up and the corresponding view of the mighty Mississippi and the University of Minnesota. GIK Bass Tri Traps on order to sit behind the Maggies. I also have a variety of absorbing broadband acoustic panels that I can pull out and place to reduce reflections. I have found that I have less of a need to treat the room with the Maggies than with the Monitor Audio Platinum 300’s II that they have replaced.

Have a great day and be grateful we get to partcipate in this hobby.

24 Likes

Is that the 3rd Street Bridge?
(I can see you in the upper left corner)
I also live in Minnesota. Savage to be exact. Nice system!

Perspective is looking southeast at the Washinton Avenue bridge that connects the main U of M campus to the West Bank. I live near the 7 corners area.

1 Like

I’m going to a concert on Friday with Frank Zappa, at RAI Theater, Amsterdam. Which organ builder has built the organ you hear in Amsterdam? I hear a lot of organs from Marcussen and Son.

http://marcussen-son.dk/en/about-us/history/

The largest organ of Holland Marcussen-organ St. Laurenskerk Rotterdam.

3 Likes

Lovely. I had Contour 1.1 for 12 years - fantastic ‘big’ little speakers. Nice dog. Need to practise your drawing technique.

I once heard the organ in the Grote Kerk in Haarlem, just outside Amsterdam. Is it called St Bravo? We were just stopping for a coffee and relief and I heard it and went in. Someone was rehearsing. It was almost empty and the sound was something you never forget. It makes the concept of home audio redundant.

2 Likes

What is it about those two photos (technically) that cause straight lines to appear curved? An intentional photographic technique?

Beautiful view, system and space. Incredible!

1 Like

Elk, aren’t you playing the room twice with the reproduced sound? I’m not surprised it doesn’t sound the same.