The long wait is over: The new Bridge II Code is live! (currently on hold pending a bug fix) v3.6.2

Who knows? JRiver? Never works on my system with 3.5.1.

Here is a picture of my DS DAC screen:

Are these current versions? It says ā€œFIRMWARE UPDATE: UP TO DATE.ā€

Your Bridge II firmware is two versions behind. The current version is 3.6.2.

I assumed that. But it wonā€™t let me upgrade. Any suggestions?

DS%20DAC%2020180624

Iā€™m connected via Ethernet, from a 1GB switch, connected to my router, CAT6. I have a fixed IP address, not DHCP. It shouldnā€™t matter but Iā€™m throwing it out there in case itā€™s a known issue.

Mconnectsetup

If you have a Windows computer, install Mconnectsetup. Download and install 3.6.2. Otherwise, shut down the DS and reboot. The new version should show up where the network icon is on the home page. A static or DHCP address should be irrelevant.

Didnā€™t work. Screens are the same.

Install Mconnectsetup!

I use a Mac and iPhone/iPad. There is no such app. I have MConnectControl. That app tells me this:

DS%20DAC%20FW

Look at the firmware version listed hereā€¦

See the link in my post above. Install Mconnectsetup.exe on a windows machine connected to your network.

I donā€™t do Windows.

Just ran through a bunch of different file types on a playlist using 2.9.14. 16/44, DSD, 16/44, 24/96,16/44. Album art worked perfectly with each change. Has to be a Bridge II firmware problemā€¦

1 Like

Try rebooting your entire networkā€¦

Thatā€™s strangeā€¦it should be working like this;

ā€¦starting mconnectControl selecting ā€˜Device Setupā€™ā€¦

ā€¦touching ā€˜DirectStream DACā€™ results in thisā€¦

Didnā€™t execute the update yet, my current version is working flawless not using Roon and no need for dff64 via DoP using the Bridge.

1 Like

I was in the same situation but I updated from v3.5.1 to v3.6.2, anyway. Long story short, I ended up rolling back to v3.5.1. You might want to sit tight with v3.5.1 if everything is working the way you want.

1 Like

Just to be sure, did you set gateway and dns server?

Not knowing if it would matter, but always using DHCP never had any update issue whatsoever.

Sure did. Same as on all my devices.

Did that yesterday. For an unrelated issue.

I have all of my audio devices on fixed IP addresses. Makes it easier to manage. Fixed or DHCP shouldnā€™t matter.

after the upgrade i seem to be having issues with album art using roonā€¦