The luck is always with me!

I had big luck again with my P15

I live “In the deep woods” in Sweden so I can’t send “special stuff” like a P15 away every day in the week, I can just do it on thursdays and mondays, and last thursday the “delivery company” said that they had “lack of capacity” so they couldn’t pick up my P15 last week but they would try again this thursday.
:rage:

Sorry to hear that! I hope they can pick it up this Thursday!

1 Like

Hurray!! Now they have finally picked up my P15 as the “Best-Before-Date” has expired on so now we will see how long it takes to fix it and what they find wrong with it.

1 Like

Let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

I’ve got my P15 back now, a couple of days ago, and they said that they had just changed fuse in it and after that it worked again.

I find that hard to believe since I myself changed fuse in it twice before I sent it away and both of those 2 fuses are broken now and my P15 shouldn’t blow fuses like that if it’s not something wrong with it.

I’ve not got a bill for it yet but I myself think that I shouldn’t have to pay anything for it but we will see what happens in the future considering the cost of just changing the fuse, a third time, to get it to work again.

3 Likes

Was your second fuse a slow blow? Both you had blow and exactly same P/N or ID on fuse ends that PSA has in it now?

If so I would be head scratching too.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. The P 15 should not be blowing fuses. I hope you get the unit operating properly. I can tell you before I got a power plant I had three dedicated power feeds for my system. I used one for analog only one for digital only and a 240 volt feed for my power amp. With the power plant I use one 10 gauge 30 amp feed for the power plant, switched the power amp to 120 volts and plug all my equipment in to the power plant. My system is so much more resolving and listenable. Dedicated feeds are not enough. My incoming THD level runs around 4 % with the outgoing from the P 15 being .1%, but I also believe the very low output impedance of the Powerplant weighs heavy on the system performance.

1 Like

I don’t know what “P/N or ID” means but yes, it was slow blow like the one who sat in it from the beginning.

Markings on fuse. Part number or part identification.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, but I’d just enjoy my deep woods. Glad to hear at least the P15 is working.

2 Likes

The only difference is that one of the fuses was made of gold but I’ll not “burn” that kind of money in my P15 anymore.

2 Likes

When I had my Apex plugged into my P20 I set the amp to insane mode and three minutes later the P20 went down like I’ve never seen it go before. A $267 fuse was in it. The fuse was fine, just had to reset that other protector. Whew. Fuses used to never bother me to replace, but that was before….

5 Likes

The Apex should have it’s own panel and meter. Two electric bills. One for the home one for Al’s Apex!

2 Likes