Things to do and pass the time at home

To pass the time I have been inventorying my speakers, of which i have way too many at this point.

Main floor system (using a Niles speaker selector to manage impedance):
Magnepan .7 in main living room
Harbeth P3ESR in TV room
PSB imagine mini’s in dining room
Little tiny orb audio things in kitchen

Office system:
Focal Aria 906

Then we get to a bit of a surplus.
PSB Imagine B
Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus
PSB Imagine XB
PSB little white ones not sure, older
ELAC somethings. $300/pr.
B&W 602’s from early 2000’s
B&W 602’s from early 90s I’m guessing.

I need to call the hoarder TV show.

3 Likes

Had a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star cartidge, Peter’s newest ES version, sitting in a drawer waiting for time for me to mount it. Not surpisingly I just found time to set it up and dial it in. Mounted on the SME 309 arm on my SOTA Nova Series V vacuum TT. Using my Modwright Reference PH 150 for phono preamp duty.
That was yesterday. Spun brand new ORG 45 rpm Diana Krall vinyl today. Oh yeah, Peter’s low output optimized beauty knocks my socks off.

High end audio fun is never in short supply at the Owls nest. F… COVID-19. Life continues with great music at home.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Very beautiful place. Thanks for sharing

I passed my time this weekend by playing golf both Saturday and Sunday, may even play tomorrow.

2 Likes

This is cherry that was treated with lye. It produces an intense coloration similar to leaving cherry in the sun for years. It sounds like a horrible idea but it is actually really easy to do. Oven cleaner works great. You let it sit for a bit and then rinse with a very dilute vinegar solution and let it dry. You won’t need to do a final sand because the lye takes care of the moisture raised grain and you just give it a light wipe with a shop towel and it comes right off. Those pieces are finished with lacquer but I love tung oil for that “woody” look.

5 Likes

Very nice. I will have to mention that technique to my son. He does a lot of wood projects

I had no idea this worked.

I have cherry floors which look similar, but gained their color honestly. :slight_smile:

That is absolutely stunning, making a note of that!

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I just dropped a Debbie Downer on another thread and this is a great thing to find!

Good to know! However, I’m intentionally going “natural” with these - hence the TOV. May put them in the sun for a week or two to get some color into them.

4 Likes
1 Like

More of a Roger Reality than a Debbie Downer, IMO - thanks for that.

1 Like

@wglenn glad you found us, welcome.
Chas

He’s been around for a long time Chas.

Deleted

1 Like

Beethoven’s birthday is not until December. Maybe we will have a more stable situation then and can properly celebrate.

I play BF2 and have to rebuild the new flight simulator

1 Like

Today I have to renovate one of my ships

2 Likes