I’ve tried playing long songlists I’ve created on 3 different Android devices & they simply stop playing after a few songs. No error messages appear. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, and just after a few songs. I’m going to check if I have connected through more than 1 switch, and may be test with a better ethernet cable.
I was doing my listening via a wireless router to another wireless router configured as a bridge that the DAC is connected to. I also hardwired the DAC directly to the main router with CAT 5 and the problem still occurs.
I have a Chromecast Audio connected to the optical port on the DAC. Using the Tidal Droid app, I can play playlists without a hiccup, so I don’t think there’s an issue with my local network. Funny thing is that 2 weeks ago I wasn’t having any problems & nothing has change on my network or Android tablets. Mconnect is a POS.
Similar problem with laptop desktop app, loading the cue. It will stop in a random place, needing to click on play icon. Good to know it is Tidal and not the new hardware.
I did just change modem/router from Spectrum, to take advantage of their upgrade to 200Mbps, not knowing that none of my PCs or tablets can accept more than 100Mbps. If you figure it out let us know.
I think it is a common phenomena. I suspect it is the Mconnect app. Happens on android and ios for me.
I am using a Toshiba laptop, dedicated for music, running Windows 10, using the Tidal desktop player. A 3’ Tera Grand Cat 7 cable from Spectrum’s modem/router to laptop, an AQ Jitterbug and Carbon 1.5m USB cable to DAC.
My money is on Tidal’s software. I just noticed this morning it stopped playing when it got to music I added to the queue later. I don’t use Mconnect, so in my case, not it.
I have experienced the same problem with Mconnect on iOS (Tidal playlist stops playing after a few songs.) This is not a Tidal problem because I don’t have this problem with Tidal when using iPeng (iOS App for Logitech Media Server.) I wish I could get iPeng to work with the Bridge II - it’s a first-rate App.
This is the very reason I ousted the Mconnect software from my system. Now using Audirvana+ with the Remote app. No more stutters or other anomalies that I was plagued with everyday while relying on the crappy ConversDigital Mconnect software to stream to the Bridge.
I’ve had the Tidal issue with Mconnect, the Lumin app, Lightning DS and the OPPO app so the problem is not with the player app. The only constant has alway been Tidal. None of the listed apps have ever had a problem with Spotify or Qobuz. The issue usually shows up if your playlist uses both MQA and standard FLAC tracks in the same playlist.
In my case, it was either Mconnect, Bridge II, or a combination of both. Maybe the main culprit is the Bridge II as I had the same unreliable Tidal and Qobuz streams to the Bridge using Mconnect and BubbleUp.
I think Tidal is in the clear due to the fact that once I switched to Audiranva+ (with Remote app) and bypassed the Bridge II, stuttering and stopped playback with Tidal streaming instantly resolved and has not been a problem since.