What subwoofer if any are you using in your system?

SVS also announced some new Pro series subs. I’m not sure of the specifics but worth looking into.

1 Like

In my system I use 2) SVS SB4000, 1) Rythmik F12SE and 1) modified REL S5 SHO (passive radiator has been disabled)

System is strictly 2 channel though there is a television connected to it.

1 Like

Dual JL Audio e110 subs here, and these little mighty beasts dig deep.

1 Like

Hopefully 2 Rythmik FVX12 in the near future. Shipping soon, on backorder.

I’ve had a Hsu VTF2 MkII for 10 or 12 years now.

JL Audio makes great subwoofers!

2 Likes

Yes they do.

A pair of SVS PC-4000’s for my HT, not 2 channel. One is on the far right, nearly 4’ tall.

2 Likes

As you already know, 2 is better than one! Enjoy!

2 Likes

The Epsilon’s look fantastic!
I assume they still sound fantastic?

2 Likes

Thanks. Those speakers were a journey. Bought them directly from Harman Kardon on eBay many years ago. Pretty much gave up on them ever working until I gave it another shot a little over a year ago. Solved all the issues and they brought two channel back to life for me.

1 Like

I have seen Gamma’s, Sigma’s and Epsilon’s, plus Beta’s on ebay recently, and think I would like them but also have a strong skepticism at the same time. Too bad you had to work thru several issues. Hopefully now that they are working, they will stay working for a long time.

1 Like

Each vintage Infinity model has its pro’s and con’s. The purely dipole models generally need space to achieve their best. That’s one issue Paul tried to address with his AN3; friendlier placement options, something the Epsilon was designed to be.

2 Likes

I’m currently playing with a new SVS Micro 3000 with dual active 8 in.'s. Impressive for a 10 inch cube!

3 Likes

You didn’t wait too long to order one. I’d be interested to hear a full review. At some point, might be a good choice for my small family room HT system.

It’s an occupational hazard as a product reviewer. The Micro is very compact and well built. Two of these would be more than enough for a home theater.

I have pair of JL Audio D110 (build in Florida), supplement to my LINN KEILIDH (65Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB), set the D110 cross over at 80Hz. D110s work nicely. Here is a recent review.

1 Like

The dynamics of the room, (room rise and proximity effect) and the reach of the floor-standing speakers requires no sub for 2 channel listening, however, I do use Definitive’s ProSub 1000’s for LFE when embracing the system’s 5~7.1 listening. (18Hz-80Hz)

Guess it depends on the room. I personally have not heard a two channel system that didn’t benefit from a properly integrated set of subwoofers. The key is the set up and proper connections.

2 Likes

Last week I plugged my pair of F113’s into the PSA P10. I wasn’t crazy about the sound from them. Everything else in the system sounds great but the subwoofer performance the bass wasn’t as full. Plugged the subs back into the wall and sounds much better IMO.