Why is this f word now banned in these forums?

You can’t send a PM if the details/public profile are hidden.! I know because my profile is hidden.

Quite, if there is a phrase that should be banned, that’s it right there, and for age 50+ uk tv viewers ‘Muffin the mule’

1 Like

A work around, eh?

1 Like

Everyone? I don’t want to miss out, but…I can’t think of anything to say.

1 Like

And there was the time my U.S. Boss asked me pass him the “Dikes”. I had to think for a second and without asking him, passed him the “side-cutters” (wire cutters).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

for censorship emergencies? :slight_smile:

A coworker told me the story of needing to wash her car and mentioning it to her dad. His suggestion? “Honey, put on your thongs, get out there and get to work.”“Thongs?” She asks surprisingly. He said “yes, you left them in the hall closet next to your boots.”

I suppose every word has a context.

1 Like

This is a gentle, friendly place.
I don’t give a fahk about this issue.

5 Likes

I always thought Feed—back is an audiophile term.

What is that? Some sort of hot curry dish? :wink:

1 Like

PS Audio and South Park have a few things in common. South Park very likely began in Boulder.

1 Like

I had to look up “Scunthorpe” which immediately made my think of my all time favorite:
Intercourse, Pennsylvania

As a quick diversion, I came across this list of odd town names:

1. Swastika, Ontario, Canada
  2. Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada
  3. Balls Falls, Ontario, Canada
  4. Hell, Michigan
  5. Puke, Albania
  6. Accident, Maryland
  7. Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, Massachusetts ( I pity those folks when filling out forms of residency)
  8. No Place, England
  9. Chicago, Illinois (Yes, this also took me by surprise!)
  10. Boring, Oregon

As for the actual “F” word itself, I remember T-shirts in the 90’s with a thoroughly exhaustive grammatical utilization of this word. Funny to read but dangerous to wear. A favorite with some East Village punks back in the 80’s and 90’s.

2 Likes

Great examples of how traditional town names are the most interesting. If naming them now, we would come up with safe, boring names.

Agree.
Unfortunately, being “PC” today isn’t the same as “observing respectful decorum”.

Intercourse, PA
Blue Ball, PA
Athol, ID
Sheila Dikshit (former Chief Minister of New Delhi)

1 Like

Hi, everyone

A few people remain concerned whether the Forum is fixed and whether they can send me a PM.

I quickly resolved both of these issues yesterday once I learned of them; the Forum no longer bans perfectly appropriate words such as “feedback”, and you can once again send me PMs directly.

Please do keep in mind however I am a volunteer and not on the Forum 24/7. Thus a PM to me may not get you an instant response. But it will typically be a quicker way to get hold of me than burying a message in a thread.

Carry on!

7 Likes

Thanks

The Albanian one made me smirk - I am always amused when (minor, non life threatening) volcanic activity happens:
it’s one of the very few times the marvellous word “spew” gets to be used in the news!

1 Like

Lest we neglect…
Floyds Knobs, Indiana

4 Likes

And Floyd has more than one.

2 Likes