Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

I have been using a PF 2.16x Ultra for a couple of years now and it seems to be able to keep track of all of my music files regardless of location, size or type.
The PF i2s card is however limited to 192/24 if I remember correctly. I haven’t tried the USB out from the PF.

2 Likes

These cables are in the system.

Amazing.

7 Likes

The scary thing is thinking about, if cables do this then what would a speaker or component upgrade do?!

I’m probably gonna add a second sub next and upgrade to the Kimber Kable sub cables.

Oh you are now standing at the top of the slipperiest of slopes.

Step back, look away.

4 Likes

I’m hungry for some snake oil! Mmmmmmm snake oil!

Hahahaha

1 Like

Is there a cable stand anyone would recommend?

Hold on to yer lugnuts! (The Mask)

1 Like

Here’s a good no BS test and science behind the risers:

4 Likes

Yeah…now I also got confirmed why my cabling is manufactured with a kind of cotton mantle instead of other material holding the charge.

What is the brand/model of your speaker cables ?
Tom

1 Like

The ASR people are not fans. I owned a pair of speakers made by Tyler Acoustics but designed by Danny, they were great, big, huge soundstage speakers. Maybe I fooled myself….

2 Likes

I dont pay much attention to that bunch. Too much drama for me.

2 Likes

I read the site. They have some positive input (the mob is brutal though, bet they wouldn’t be so horrible in person). So much information today, it’s almost a post truth era. I did love Danny’s speaker design, that is true.

1 Like

They seem like a picket line outside of the Chevy dealer saying how bad the Z06 Corvette is because they measured one.
But they never drove one so they have no idea how it actually performs. Their chatter and presence is chasing off would be customers which is costing the dealer real money. The fanboys there seem too cultish to me.

I have had some good conversations with Danny and if I had more room I would buy a set of his biggest OB’s and a set of his OB subs to go along with. He’s no BS and willing to help about anyone get into or improve their stereo gear.

5 Likes

OMG, I love it

4 Likes

A few years back, I heard the Spectral SDR-4000SV CD system and also thought I was listening to something way beyond a compact disc. I imagine the Ethos takes that a few levels further.

The Ethos is about 1 million times more elegant in terms of industrial design (Spectral’s web site is a time machine to 1999 web design).

2 Likes

I love the Spectral design since I first saw it. Never owned it though.

1 Like

These IFI products are bargains, and they really work! Because IFI Elite Pro power supply works great with my streamer (recommended by the manufacturer), and based on waymanchen11 experience, I decided to try their X line of power adapter.

I am using an Orbi satellite to connect to my streamer, and I replaced the power adapter with an IFI IPower X low noise adapter, and the SQ improvement is amazing! The streaming Qobuz sounds as good as the local files now. On some Qobuz purchases the streaming sounded better. The Euphony Summus 2 has never sounded better!

They do not make one that meets the power requirement for my Orbi mesh router/modem, so I ordered an IFI Purifier DC filter from Amazon. It should be here tomorrow, and I will find out if it makes any further improvement.

I have a friend that has some spectral amps and cables that would match well with that player.

1 Like