Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Opinions please! I currently have a Node into a DS JR into BHK Pre into Mark Levinson 334 amp and Bowers And Wilkins 803D2’s and everything plugged In to PSA P12. I am going to purchase the Airlens. My question is which would be better, upgrading to the DS MKII or BHK 250?

Depends what you miss and want I’d say….do you know?

1 Like

Crazy but well imaginable. I think even the whole online streaming (vs. local file streaming) isn’t recommendable for the perfectionist audiophile.

Finally! Just need to situate the TT and its rack, the monoblocks, and the speakers. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

The rack has rollers and I need one like it. Nice!

The vibration police on the forum are about to scold you.

I personally have large wheels on my cabinet. It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Excellent!

Enjoy.

I got a lathe base that allows me to raise one end and then roll the rack. Two of the wheels are fixed direction and the other two are lifted by the cam system. Press down the cams to engage the wheels and roll around to reach connections or clean.

3 Likes

Nice setup! The system looks great and easy to move around too. :+1:

Thanks all. Yes, I’m sorry but I’m not going to worry about 400+ pounds of rack and equipment, sinking into a 5/8” thick carpet over an 8 pound pad - on a concrete floor - “sounding suboptimal” because it’s on wheels. Try moving all that when it’s spiked to the floor, or even on feet. I had the rack built with 1/2” x 13 threading for heavy duty casters. McMaster Carr is my caster friend. Anybody who thinks they can identify that as affecting my system, is gladly invited not to listen. :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

Hero status earned. :medal_military:

2 Likes

I have too many power cords and the problem with that is there will always be one that sounds better than others. In my case the AQ Dragon HC is the king, and with @vmax’s tuning ring, it sounded even better with more details and clearness.

Therefore, the easy conclusion is I had to order another Dragon PC for the source because I know the system will be better with it. Multiple AQ cables will enhance each other’s strength. It may benefit from the tuning ring too.

@paul172, Nick is great, Thanks!

3 Likes

Well the Dragon or Whisper Elite both with tuning rings are awesome. The Dragon needs that tuning ring to play with the Whisper Elite I would still like to try a Whisper Elite with the Furatech NCF per Fred. It doesn’t need the tuning ring.

2 Likes

Whisper Elite was my top choice too. I’m more familiar with AQ sound so it is a safer choice for me. Surely this will not be my last cable, so I may try Whisper in future too.

1 Like

I was talking to Nick right after you, it turns out! :wink: :smile: My 2M Hurricane is now too long in my newly configured space. A 1M cord will be perfect. But which one? :thinking: Oh, right. I called Nick! :joy:

Nick = Dragon

2 Likes

We and him are having a good day :grin:

Fyne F703s in da house!!!

20 Likes

Yay! It’s…. mostly done! My newly renovated sound room is making music! :+1: :wine_glass: :tada: :musical_score: :musical_score: :musical_score:

I put the speakers and listening chair back where they were before the big change. Want to see how things sound (once they all get themselves settled back in - it’s been almost 5 months!) in a familiar configuration before I start making any adjustments. But, first things first - the dedicated electrical subsystem is the bomb! When in the past I had hum unless every single thing was plugged into the P20, now the amps are into their dedicated circuits and not a peep to be heard, except for music!

The TT is in a temporary location as I’m testing new XLRs from the phono pre to the Pre-Amp. The shortest pair I’m testing is 12’, so for the time being the TT rack needs to be in this awkward spot.

18 Likes

Ooo, I’m really liking that chair, aside from everything else of course!

3 Likes

It’s from Italy. Can’t remember the name but they compete with Natuzzi. Frankly I like this better than similar Natuzzis I’ve sat in.

2 Likes