Albert von Schweikert

Just read the sad news that Albert von Schweikert has died. Never owned one of his loudspeakers, but a great admirer nonetheless. Legend, pioneer, giant in the industry. RIP.

I can’t believe it. First Jim Thiel, then Dave Wilson, now Von Schweikert? We’re losing some of the best speaker designers in the world.
I remember going to the past California Audio Show in Oakland a couple of years ago and could not forget the awesome performance from his Ultra 11 ($300,000) speakers with the Vac Statement amps. One of the best sound I ever heard. Incredible detail and transparency. RIP.

Thanks for the picture! I also love to remember them from the last shows. Fascinating in many ways even if they don’t have the priority in their characteristic I prefer in those top range setups. Powerhouse vs. illusion. But really great in their style!

I owned a pair of his VR-1 standmounts for a while. Nice speakers. May he RIP.

Better get used to it, it’s part of life. You’re born, then you die.

Thank you Albert, still enjoying the hell out of my VR35’s.

It was a figure of speech. I thought famous speaker designers were immortal. Oh well. I still remember one demonstration at a show by Albert that surprised me by the amazing sound. one of the best at the show and it wasn’t even his top speaker, it was the VR-6. It was a while back.