Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Fuses

Amazing but true…the tiny little ole wire in the fuse…

It is the power gatekeeper to our gear…
So the better the quality of the gatekeeper…

Who would have thought!!!

Best wishes

Thanks for posting!!!

Best wishes

My 2nd M-1 King has settled in, the combination of the two sounded marvelous. But if you only want one audiophile fuse, regardless of brands, put it in the generators. In my case, if the improvement of the first M-1 in P15 is ten, the second one in PST or DS would be a four at most.

I will hold off on my third order, and I really want to hear from others how much improvement a third one will add before I replace the Purple in preamp.

I’ve noticed I get angry faster ever since my P3 arrived. I guess I have a short fuse. I’m gonna totally blow it one of these days.

But seriously…I ordered an M1 for my Marantz Model 30 integrated amp (T 8A). I’ll report results after it arrives and I’ve broken it in. In the mean time, I cleaned the stock fuse ends and holder with some Caig Deoxit Gold. It seemed to make the sound a bit more transparent and, well, cleaner.

The Purple in my P3 seems to have improved the performance–no complaints there.

Yes it seems to be the case with fuses and power cables that the regenerator is the place to start first as it offers the greatest improvement. Did you put the second M1 in the BHK only? Soon I will swap out Purples for M1 in BHK, DAC and PST. Patience is not

1 Like

…my virtue.

1 Like

The 2nd M-1 is in PST now, I tried it in the DS, but I like it in PST better. I have not tried it in BHK because the fuse rating is too low for it.

I remember you have three M-1 now (or waiting for the third). Many would like to hear your input for sure.

1 Like

Rats. My second M-1 fuse arrived. Intended use is for my Gryphon Ethos DAC. I removed the bizarre fuse cover only to find each channel (right and left) requires its own fuse. So I guess it’s $600 for Fuses for the Ethos. Joy.

6 Likes

Al, it’s really weird hearing you buying audiophile fuses. It was hard enough getting you into AQ HDMI cables. Next step higher quality LPS’s. Yes, they all do make a difference. :wink:

The second M-1 fuse I put into my DS made the sound even fuller and richer, but I may stop at that. I’m afraid that another M-1 might take away a little too much bite that the Purple put in. I kind of like a little bite and aggressiveness mixed in also. It adds some excitement on some recordings.

1 Like

What fuse size M1 did you order for the P12? CableCo asked and I couldn’t answer. (I need slow walked through these electronic gizmos…!)

Being one comfortably living in a rabbit hole, I assume you aren’t surprised.

2 Likes

No. I should have checked before I ordered. Gryphon is seriously about dual mono!

2 Likes

Looks like a 250 5AH slo blow.

1 Like

I have been reading up on some of the gear recently. The build quality on every peice of gear is fantastic. The Diablo 300 is on my list for consolidation planning.

2 Likes

So my choices for a power supply for my Synology DS1520+ are a Farad Super 3 or a Teddy Pardo Teddy 12/5. The Teddy is maybe $35 cheaper if I don’t do fuse upgraded with the Farad.
Thoughts?

Farad. With or without fuse

This might not be as sexy as Farad or Teddy Pardo but Is high current and adjustable voltage by turning a regulator screw if you need 19Volt. Black 100VA 12V 6A Low Noise R-core DC LPS Linear Power Supply +display L165-26 | eBay

It uses mosfet circuits. Combine it wth a Ghent Audio DC power Cord and give it a Whisper Elite. It will bring it.

If you are settled on a European supply Jay at Audiobacon loved Sean Jacobs. The guy in the states that builds under license gets an arm and leg for them. The Farad got middle of the road.

2 Likes

M1 TOP TIP:
My GF saw the ring box that the fuse comes in. Her pupils formed two red hearts and I could actually read the thought bubble above her head.
The ensuing conversation was…delicate.
Be careful, fellas.

11 Likes

Fuse for P12 is a small slow blow 5amp…

Happy journey

Best wishes

1 Like

:flushed:

Not good…