Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Fuses

Please share your experience with us on SR Master in MK2, and you may be the first one to try it in MK2.

1 Like

I’ll do as soon as my room is ready, so I’m pretty sure before the end of March other members here will have already reported their thoughts at that time.

1 Like

Just received the Fed Ex tracking number for my MK II Dac, I would like to add the M1 fuse but I don’t know what size to get, can someone help me with the size fuse I need? Also is it the 5mmx20mm size? Slow blow or fast blow? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Yes 5mm x 20mm 1 Amp fuse. I’ve always used slow blow.

1 Like

I have the M-1 in a source component, and your observations are spot on.

It is more musical and denser than other fuses, with more tonal color.

It was a paradigm shift in my source component.

I also knew someone who took out his SR Orange fuses and preferred stock fuses.

2 Likes

Which type of source; Dac, streamer, disk player?

Modwright CXN streamer.

But I only use the dac section of it.

M1 fuse made the unit much more listenable and musical.

Very good. I think I’ll try one in my MKII.

I have one in my P15, Mk2 and Decware ZROCK2, the rest of the components have Purple. The mix is pretty darned nice.

One M1 was good enough for me.

I had an older beeswax fuse elsewhere in the system and had to take it out.

Two Beeswax was just too much of a good thing.

I do have a purple in the system.

We’ve all got different systems and rooms and tastes. Personally in time I think I’ll replace the Purples with additional M-1s.

I was totally the color Purple and now I am totally M-1’s.

1 Like

Whoopee! :wink:

FUSES FUSES

In the UK we have fuses in the mains lead as well as the equipment.

So FUSE Games . Qsa Yellow feeding P15. In Mains lead. SR Purple was in that mains lead.

So burnt in purple now in the Mains lead feeding the DAC MKii.

Plus a QSA yellow 5x20mm in the DAC rear fuse holder, not really sure which direction it’s supposed to be?

Anywho that’s a few changes which I’m sure needs to burn in Inc DAC etc

Note all Mains leads Kimber various ages.

Soon pre burn in HOLY COW !!!
Astounding everything improved, Imagery super wide! My speakers disappeared Before , Now it’s really as if they are not there Hard to believe when you see the pic, with a room full of effortless Music .

Big Active ATC’s. 150 . 150 liter cabinets

1 Like

What is this?

Also, I know this has been asked and answered but what’s the recommended fuse for the P20 (looking at an M1)?

Fuse size depends on country Voltage. What country are you in?

I use a rebar support with Sorbothane sheet supporting a 2” wide 3M AB7050HF material tuning ring one index finger back from dragon iec.

A adjustable telescoping bedframe support with sorbothane isolator support wall end of dragon
high current cord.

It is all about reducing RF And EMI on power cables entering and leaving the P-20 and using a AM masterpiece M-1 fuse. The SR Master fuse did not work at all in my system.

https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=6421

Does the thickness of the layer of dust have an effect?

2 Likes

Yes. You need two layers of 1/8” Sorbothane for heavy power cords. I use one layer for DC power cords.

1 Like