Best affordable fuses that SOUND better

But she probably has plenty of shoes as it is… :grinning:

In your eyes, YES!!! But, in her eyes, NEVER!!!

1 Like

It seems you may have a never ending honey doo list :grinning:

Oh, better start building that 15’ x 25’ addition to house her new shoe purchases.

1 Like

Hmm interesting variety of shoes…do these shoes have
sound anchors to help support a beautiful Aria singing
lady?

Hmmmmm. For about forty years, I have been known as Doowopper. Now I know the real reason why. Honey, doo this. WOP! it’s done, love… Honey doo that…WOP! That’s done too, love. Anything else??

1 Like

I compared Audio Magic with Synergistic Orange and Audio Horizons. This is also the sequence from good to better in my setup. And the best one is the cheapest of them.

The Audio Horizons does the best palpable, holographic imaging, just a bit better than the Synergistic and while putting a special focus on top end extension and airiness (due to the higher top end filtering above the audible range), I couldn’t hear disadvantages, just a very little different sound.

1 Like

Interesting

I’m done with all these Foooozes… :grin: :grinning:

Till next time …:innocent:

Dum dee dum dum dum… hmmmm

The fuse upgrade is almost like the difference you hear when you’re flying. You can still hear the music on your headset or earbuds, but when your ears equalize pressure you can hear so much better. That’s what a better fuse does.

–SSW

ACME Silver Cryo Fuses with CFC is not a giant killer, but it is better than a few others that I have tried which cost more. For $22 it is a great bargain. Of course, in a few weeks it could be a giant killer. We shall see.

There is a little triangle at one end of metal cap that appears to be an arrow for direction (old eyes so I could be wrong). I flipped the fuse so the arrow is pointing towards the front, and I like the sound a bit better. ACME also says all their products take 30 days to break in. I am on the third day so I will hold my judgement on SQ.

So far I like it best in my streamer.

1 Like

Hifituning has now revised the Supreme fuse. The Cardas Copper and the Supreme Silver/Gold are now available with a diamond that is lasered into the body of the fuse. I haven’t tried these myself yet, but they’re supposed to be a little more detailed. The Refine fuse is touted as a very neutral fuse. Phonosophy also has a silver fuse. The Hifituning fuses have a very good price-performance ratio.
I find that the Hifituning Silver-Gold has a similar character to the SR Purple. The Purple shows a little more detail. The Hifituning Diamond version could catch up with the Purple.

2 Likes

I’m running out of gears to try more fuses, and that’s a blessing.

1 Like

I’m provided with backups for now. My mono amplifiers have HiFi tuning fuses. Changing there means money. Each amplifier has two fuses for the driver stage and two for the large transformers of the power stage. Padis fuses are installed for the small transformers for ECO mode, as is one for the control. If the ACME or perhaps the new HiFi tuning is a blast then I could be weak. For SR or AM it would have to be a huge discount to switch to four or eight. I have a Hifituning REV 2 fuse in the house connection box. The man from Peacock Audio is thrilled with the audio magic masterpiece in his house. Maybe it would still be an option. :thinking::joy: Only fuses are not an investment for life if lightning strikes. And then a few hundred dollars go up in smoke.

1 Like

On the third day the ACME Silver Cro fuse sounded better after I flipped the direction. If I have to say its character, it sounded similar to Purple. But I have had too many upgrades and tweaks done since the Purple day. It has a clean and detailed sound like Purple for sure. The bass and soundstage have returned, but that could be due to additional break in on MK2 Mod and from Omega.

I really do not know how much this fuse contributed, but tonight my system sounded beautiful. For $22 you should try it and let me know if it is really an improvement. Frankly I have no idea. :laughing:

2 Likes

Could you put the stock fuse back in just for comparison?

1 Like

I will try that eventually. I will give it a run for a few months first. Last time I did that against a Purple I ended up letting stock to stay.

3 Likes

My purples in pre amp and power amp took a long long long time to
burn in…Now sweet as can be… The SR Master replaced purple in
my P15, system is now at an all time high musically.

Best wishes

1 Like

ACME always reminds me of the Road Runner cartoons :rofl:

4 Likes

On my P20 I took out the M1 and put in the Purple. Mmmmmm, that seems nice.

Then I took out the Purple and put in the stocker. Oh my, that sounds just awesome! Best ever!

So I put the M1 back in and ended my interest in fuses.

[True Story]

7 Likes