Bridge II update?

Samething happened to me when I updated to Snowmass… said I didn;t have the card. Buggy software.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Try re-booting the whole network back to and including the router wait a few minutes and then re-boot it all back up with the DS last so the Bridge can look for the network after it is up and running again.

I just wanted to come in here and report that with the new Bridge firmware, I once again have album art! It’s a distant priority compared to sound quality, but a lovely bonus to look over and see the art rather than that big blue square.

Thanks, PS Audio.

Except it doesn’t survive sample rate or format changes. Two consecutive files of the same sample rate and format does fix album art. Just beating on that dead horse some more.

Hi dpetzer,

Sorry you are having trouble.
That the firmware version shows 0.0.0 is not always a good sign.
If you cannot select the Bridge II as an input using the front panel display then the Bridge II may have corrupted.
Please contact us at service@psaudio.com so we can get your Bridge II taken care of.
Thanks,

• Jeremy

Thanks Cardri,

I had already tried that with my previous tests. But I’ve just tried again.

• Turn on DSP Engine and SRC.
  • Convert DSD64 to PCM 88.2
  • Stream a DSD track to Bridge II. No clicks.
  • Set DSD64 to Default (no conversion)
  • Turn off SRC and DSP Engine
  • Stream a DSD track to Bridge II. Clicks.

Regards
Mark

Weird. I was the 1st beta tester to complain to Ted. After turning off the SRC I have heard zero clicks in 2 weeks. Sorry…

Hi dpetzer,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.
If the Bridge II is no longer selectable as an input then the unit may have corrupted.
Please reach out to us at service@psaudio.com and I’ll be happy to assist.
Thanks,

• Jeremy

Already after upgrading to Snowmass 2 I ended up losing the covers (in fact it exhibited the first one and no longer changes in Tidal). It’s in 3.6.17 and was working fine before upgrading to Snowmass 2.

I strongly suspect that information display errors occur on the screen when the host system is upgraded after Bridge has been, at least here it happened twice.

I ask who can help me, where can I get the update file from version 3.6.17 to perform the update again?

Thank you colleagues!

Any of us that upgraded the Bridge software when it was released on the 15th did the same thing you did when you upgraded to V2. Did not effect my cover art as they have displayed all evening.

I updated to Snowmass V2 today and I still have the problem, which I have reported DSD ISO stream via jRiver to Bridge II on Bridge II Update with Snowmass V1 already.
The same problem remains with V2: with some album the sound cutoff right about last 1 second prior the end of each track.
E.g. Karajan - Adagio, it makes it’s almost impossible to enjoy the album.
I downgraded to Bridge II 3.5.1, there is no cutoff and all OK. But more click and pop than 3.6 and luder :persevere:
Hi Paul, if you could share some lights about the Bridge II update please?
Also if we could have Bridge II firmware archive file to download somewhere?

1 Like

I apologize for not reading the entire thread, but I just tried to update my Bridge II and it has been churning for 45 minutes and I’m unsure about what to do now. Should I just power down and retry, or what? Oh, this is for the DSJr. Thanks,

Don Ivey

Here you go :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Don,
I had the same problem and called customer service. Jeremy had me power down from the back power switch. And he had me try it again and it failed to load. I tried several time without any luck.

So, he sent me a workaround using MControl, but my wireless network does not see what is on the wired network for some reason.

So, he sent me a way to install version 3.5.1 from a PC which is an older version of the Bridge. Since, I can use the PC on the wired network, it worked. I was then able to load the new version of the Bridge using the longpress on the Jr.

This is similar to loading the Yale version of the operating system before installing a new version (hopefully Snowmass soon).

1 Like

My DSJ did the same thing. I solved it by turning off (rear switch) and leaving off for ten minutes before turning on again. The update process then went OK.

Thanks, got it working again. Not sure it updated but at least it’s functional.

I use my Bridge II over a wireless network as well via a repeater,… I have never been able to get it to recognize the Bridge updates that are available regardless of what I do,… reboot, etc… My solution (when an update is available) is to move the DSD Sr. over to my router where I can temporarily hardwire it directly to the router. Once done and rebooted, the update appears every time. I did however update via MConnect this time and that worked too and saved me from having to pull out the Sr.

Thank you for the tip!

Abusing a little of your patience, would you know how to install using this file?

Thank you again!

I was able to interpret well what is happening here.

I have the cover in all forms of playback, I just have not listening to some playlist in Tidal in random mode (it’s the way I use it most).

I’m pretty sure this is going to be fixed by reinstalling the latest firmware version of Bridge.

Yes I know :sunglasses:
The “How To” I describet in this thread here. But instead of the file described there (3.5.1) you take the firmware of your choice.

1 Like