Darren Myers now with Parasound

I sure wish Darren congratulations and the best of luck. When a move like this happens, things usually eventually work themselves out. These could be exciting times!

1 Like

Wishing Darren all the opportunity and success he deserves. Clearly a very talented designer. The S300 and Stellar Phono were both extremely highly regarded designs when independently reviewed over here in the UK. I’m sure PS Audio will be fine, they seem to have hit the mark with their speaker designs.

1 Like

Congratulations Darren ! There is a trend in the audio industry to “acquire” talented young Electrical Engineers/Audio Engineers to literally continue advancing the state of the in in Audio reproduction and its features sets.

Yes, what I’m about say is crass. The truth is we are losing legendary people in the audio industry as each year passes. We need these younger engineers, their talents, and ingenuity to take these classic circuits and elevate them into 2024 and beyond.

I had an interesting conversation with Jarred Dunkerson & Jaime DeMarco of Black Ice Audio at the Florida Audio Expo. With the passing of Jim Fosgate and the “retirement” of Mike Allen. Jarred has a lot of great plans for Black Ice for the future.

3 Likes

Thank you for your work Darren. A little bit of you is in my man cave with the M1200’s and the Stellar Phono. I owned a Vendetta Research phono preamp in the past and can’t imagine what you and John Curl could do together in the field of vinyl reproduction. Good luck in your future endeavours

2 Likes

Not that many news except two abstracts about MF‘s honorable role. Would have been interesting if it’s rather a step up (well, it usually is to a degree) or a change for Darren, I still don’t fully get it, but better business insiders like MF will.

1 Like

Good for you Darren! Fair winds and following seas!
I don’t know Darren but he strikes me as a young, passion motivated talent with a vision. I’d be surprised if he’d take the position if he sniffed out any chance the job was inconsistent with that vision.
David Sheriff’s vision for Parasound is attracting a broader demographic through innovation.
Rather than big box consumer products for the unsophisticated masses, my guess is the synergy of those visions will elevate the user experience and therefor the user. It’ll attract a younger demographic that isn’t necessarily interested in 2ch audio - yet.
Darren’s addition creates an opportunity to innovate and grow without alienating the current Parasound fans. It sounds like a wide open opportunity to reshape Parasound into something very different but familiar at the same time.

1 Like

Congrats Darren and thank you for the M1200s & Stellar Phono Preamp!!!

2 Likes

Congrats, Darren! VP is a hefty title. Good stuff!

1 Like

With Darren’s leaving PS Audio…
How will Darren’s leaving affect PS Audio’s future product development?

That is a tough one…

Best wishes to Paul McGowan

2 Likes

This is every manufacturer’s dilemma when good talent leaves. It takes a village and PSA will adjust and adapt accordingly. But, kudos are in order for Darren for the success of the Stellar line and the behind the scenes assists on the FR Series and BHK 600’s.

3 Likes

A true loss for PS Audio.
I remember thinking, when I first fired up Darren’s phono preamp, “wow, this guy really knows what he’s doing”.
A brilliant move by Sheriff.

1 Like

It has it’s highs and lows.

My daughter just got promoted to VP, and the title sounded so good. I made a bigger deal than her for sure. :joy:

3 Likes

Congratulations! You must be one proud Dad.

2 Likes

Just depends where, like CEO, right?

1 Like

Yup, I made sure all relatives and friends know. I even share it here. Parents can be shameless about their children’s achievement. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Darren certainly has talent and working for a family business can be challenging. Been there and done that many years ago. I think Parasound is a brand that’s certainly ready for some new ideas. His talent will go to great use. I’m looking forward to following the brand’s evolution.

I am sad that Darren is leaving PS Audio, but I’ll look for him to accomplish great things at Parasound. PS Audio product literature emphasizes that Darren “put his heart and soul” into the Stellar M700 and S300 amps, and I’m still happily listening to my M700s every day. Among Darren’s capabilities that will be sorely missed at PSA are his wonderful ear for sound quality and his ability to engineer optimal sound out of any piece of audio gear. His contributions to a wide range of PSA products are impressive, and I wish him all the best in the future.

2 Likes

My mother did the same. At that point in my life I thought I was past being embarrassed… but no.

Topic: I wonder what the first thing Darren will work on. A killer integrated would be nice.

1 Like

The JC1+ were introduced not too long ago, so probably not a top end amp. The Halo integrated is a bit long in the tooth, so that’d be a good guess. JC5 could be ready for an update too though.

On phono preamp, the JC3+ isn’t too old, so I’d bet on a new integrated (most likely I think). Dac on existing is pretty outdated.

Edit: But the sweetspot for companies in that tier lately is the super integrated – a one-box integrated amp, dac, and streamer. So maybe that would be something Parasound has never done previously. (see PSA, Cambridge Audio, NAD, Marantz, Naim, HiFi Rose, Electrocompaniet, and others)