DMP 3.10 released

Lonson, I re-downloaded 3.09 onto a fresh sd card. Went through the normal a to z ritual process we are all accustomed to…inserted the disk…and…same thing as before…a locked up DMP. So…I powered down…then repowered up so as to be able to eject the disk and then thought to myself… maybe it’s the disk…which by the way… played flawlessly before the locking up problem.
I have since tried a few other disks and at this point in time the player seems to be working as it should be,beside some normal quirkiness.No other update I have made from the past has ever had this issue…go figure. But, for my likes…3.09 has a much more musically involving presentation in tandem with snowmass than 3.10…really good stuff.:grinning:

Good news. I did find one very early cd that gave the DMP a hissy fit a year ago. So it’s not that odd that you might encounter one too. Glad that you’re back in business with 3.09.

I’m back to 3.10. . .I’ve made some very big changes to my system (which had to do with how and where the amps and preamp were plugged in, and rolling rectifiers) and am reassessing 3.10. The whole system now sounds better so I may well keep 3.10 going, it’s working well with SnowMass at the moment.

Who knows,I may go back to 3.10 down the road too. But right now 3.09 is hitting all the high marks so no rush to change things up. The beauty of it all is the ability to change firmware if and when the need arises. Sort of like our own personal recipes for the musical soul. You got to love it!!! PS A rules…

1 Like

the DMP is a great sounding nightmare

5 Likes

That just about covers it!

Mine is doing that now. When you say power off do you mean front or rear switch? Thanks!

A cold restart which means the AC power switch is the only way to bring back sanity when a misbehavior is observed.

About every 3rd time I try playing an SACD I get the same issue too. For me it has required reinstalling the f/w to fix it.

power off is–to me—power off, which can only be with the power switch or pulling the plug. Anything else is “stand by”.

1 Like

None.

You will find that the issue will return even after you think you have fixed it. So far the only fix has been the beta load that i have been testing with Barry. That has been one of the frustrating things about the DMP.

And I eagerly await the results of your and Barry’s efforts.

2 Likes

There’s new DMP code y’all. Snappy!