DMP 3.14 released

Thank you, and all for the help. Yes been in contact. No reply yet.
I’m not too enamored they used an Oppo drive.

Just hope they have some replacements. No one answered that.

It does sound great though.

No one could’ve foreseen the demise of Oppo. That being said, PSA does have replacement transports.

The laser sled used in the transport in the 10x series of Oppos is particularly cheap. The optical path is entirely open to airborne contamination and one of the transport rails is merely a plastic trough. I think Oppo was limited to what was available from suppliers in a certain large Asian country.

That said, the issue you’re having with the f/w update is likely unrelated to the BDT-101 part of the DMP and, instead, might be the flaky SD card reader in the PS Audio portion of the unit. The reader in mine requires a firm shove to engage the card and some cards do not seat well. You might try holding the card in firmly while you reboot. Make sure the pins are facing down (unlike the DSD where they face up). Also, consider trying a different card.

1 Like

Tried it all mentioned. Different card etc. Different versions too. Spent too much time on this.
The gold pins /tabs are facing up on the DMP it only goes in one way and seats properly. Shouldn’t be this hard.
Now, considering the cost of this piece at $3900 they used a cheap drive? No comment.

No, they face down.

Sorry wrong. Face up here and only goes in one way.
Instruction says up. Look on this site I printed it out.
The DACs are different.

My transport also pins face down. I think they face up on DAC

Are you sure you have a DMP and not a PWT?

My DMP pins face down for insertion.

Page 17 of the manual:
"When a new operating system becomes available, it may be obtained by ordering a pre-programmed SD card directly from PS Audio, or downloaded to your own SD card for free from the PS Audio website. To install, place the SD card in the rear of DMP, label side up, gold pins facing down. "

Not here pins up , only goes in one way and locks when pushed. Lol! I just looked again.
I will call them tomorrow.

PWT rear panel w/ mem

1 Like

Geeze! It’s a PWT

2 Likes

The contacts face down!

NFW… look at you, finally read the manual, not… glad to help…

On the direct stream memory player

My DMP won’t read the new data on the SD card, it keeps defaulting to the Beta software…

I remember commenting during beta-testing that the correctly-oriented card reader on the DMP was going to cause confusion.

Cutlr7 - try this from my earlier post: “The reader in mine requires a firm shove to engage the card and some cards do not seat well. You might try holding the card in firmly while you reboot.” Also, as suggested by others, make sure the f/w is extracted at root of the card and not in a folder.
And, double-check you’ve a DMP. :grin:

It’s a DMP :wink: , I will try those tips haha…

2 Likes

I’m dying, your killing me… LOL…

1 Like