DMP 3.14 released

Lol!!! embarrassing. I didn’t know there were 2 transports.
Never mind!

Thank you for all the replies!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, word of advice… need to work the facts before you start bad mouthing PSA products on a forum that has a lot of PSA owners who love PSA products and love how helpful the forum is and the great staff of PSA… just need to check yourself, before you wreck yourself… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey I did not bad mouth anyone or product.
It’s a cheap Oppo drive someone else said it too.
Again thanks for the help!

Helping each other is one of the purpose of this forum.
I have had many useful tips from members.
PSA should have a giant BBQ in the parking lot, veggie burgers for Paul.

2 Likes

Got it to work…looks like I left a file folder in there and it was causing the issue…thanks again for the tips.

1 Like

It’s not an Oppo drive in the PWT.

1 Like

Lonson’s right - it’s just an anonymous CD/DVD ROM.

1 Like

The PWT drive is an Asus DVD-E818AAT (black).

2 Likes

I hope, you didn’t pay $3900… for a PWT? I’m confused… as it seems to have turned out your player is a PWT, right?

As for the cheap parts used in expensive gear… Yeah, no comment. Except: just enjoy the great SQ… and when the cheap stuff breaks down, upgrade :grin:

EDIT: I’m into Synthesizers too… one of the best sounding of the middle '80s (introduced 1986, I believe) was the Oberheim Xpander. It used cheap parts. Mine is still working fine :v: So, don’t worry too much…

That is indeed worrying me a bit! I hope there is an easy way to clean it, should it be necessary?

Since I was practically living in a building site the last two years, with quite a bit of dust flying around, it became an obsessive habit to seal the disc drawers of my players with tape. It may be ridiculous, but I still do it…

…considering the vast majority of us paid $6K for our DMP…and our UK/EU friends paid almost double that…just saying.

2 Likes

You can contact our service department for help. We’d be glad to give you a hand.

1 Like

I’m guessing he no longer has an issue ; )

Right and Jason did contact me. Thanks for that. I hope we can get him going. It’s a PWT and those older drives can be quirky at best. We’ll do what we can to get him going.

Yeah! Makes that cheap drive even cheaper :laughing:

It’s easy to clean the lens on top of the sled, but somewhat less easy to clean the optical elements under the sled.

To do this, you’ll need to completely remove the sled from the unit and carefully clean accumulated crud from the mirror, the intermediate lens, the diodes, and the pickups, all of which are very tiny and not easy to access.
Fortunately, the lasers in these units are easy to find and cheap and it’s probably more cost and time effective to simply replace it than clean it (though I’m keeping my old sled in case the supply dries up later).
I’ve posted a brief description on how to replace the sled here.

2 Likes

When the dmp finds the album art, I get big track numbers.
But sometimes it doesn’t, and then I am stuck with tiny numbers unreadable from 4m away.
A minor gripe.

OK, weird… if it does not find the artwork the DMP lets me know in tiny text, then it indicates the internet connection is OK. However, when it does not find it… there is a big number with no artwork…

I would love to own a DMP. Has it been permanently discontinued? I have asked this question of the Company a number of times without getting an answer. I thought maybe this forum would have an answer for me. If it’s been discontinued, are there any rumors of a replacement product?

1 Like

Hi Norris,

Welcome to the forum and sorry you did not receive a response when you reach out - what method were you using to contact us? I want to make sure we can improve things moving forward.

The DMP has unfortunately been discontinued. Some have been floating about the used market, though, so they’re still available secondhand.

As for the replacement, we are indeed working on a new transport - we expect it to be ready in 6-9 months.

1 Like