DMP 3.14 released

Hard to say. Sometimes people have had trouble loading new firmware updates. I would contact PSA, they’ll be able to help you sort things out.

Thanks Gary, I just did contact them.

Is the data on your SD card correct? It should look like this:

Ignore the ‘DISCDATA’, that may be missing, if you never inserted the card into the DMP before.

Switch your DMP off (switch on the back), insert the card firmly, and switch back on. Then the PS logo on the front panel should start to blink… be patient, then it will initialize…

1 Like

Yes, the files are exactly like that.

Did exactly the procedure as stated in yours and on the site instruction.

It just comes on normal, initialize, no blinking of the power switch.

I had trouble the first couple times I tried it. I found that when it downloaded, the pdf file explaining the updates was included. When I deleted that it went thru perfectly.

1 Like

Reformatted the card. Only the 4 essential files on there no PDF.

Even tried the 3.13 release , no go.

One last try: When I install the sd card, when I first push it in, I hear the click but it’s not locked in. I have to push it in again until it clicks again and then it’s locked and loaded. Happens every time.

1 Like

I pulled out the old SD card with 3.13 on it. Just deleted them,
then drag and drop the new 3.14 files(4). Power on then off.
Loaded with no issue, I guess I am lucky.

Yes, only thing I can imagine… the card not fully in… Other than that, contact PS Audio support.

Are the files at the root of the card (not in a folder)?

No folder, I know this they the files are as demoed copied per instructions. I tried to take it back to 2.06 still no go.

Going by the fact 'maybe" you needed a newr version to upgrade to. No go.

I find 3.14 gives me a little more precise imaging, maybe because it’s
has darker background. I cannot comment on the bass because I
use small speakers.

1 Like

I am hearing better imaging, more clarity in the vocals and more defined bass with discs now. Very happy with the updated DMP software.

1 Like

Update complete - sounds good to start; working the headphones…artwork looks good, remote operation is very snappy, transport indexing nice, functionality is very nice… I’m liking it so far… been a while since I used my DMP, like nostalgic, romantic… feel like part of the TT cult… getting goose bumps… but spinning the small shiny disc… yeah, had listen to Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon SACD for the inaugural SQ “sort it out” run through

Note: The artwork would look amazing if the track number and information were superimposed over the artwork, not separate, delineated by half on each portion of the screen. This is the best interface and artwork to date. SQ needs some time for evaluation, best so far. I believe this update is very successful, great job PSA staff

Display - turning down the display intensity

2 Likes

Happy as well, but my screen doesn’t go to the « big numbers track screen ».
So I don’t know what track is playing, because it is too small to read.
Annoying…

Philippe
You sparked an idea: PS Audio should provide binoculars for all their screens, especially for us old duffers. Maybe give us a choice in lieu of redundant remotes.

1 Like

@Phil - When I updated my DMP, I replaced the “new update” firmware memory card (blank to start, then download the files from PSA) with the older memory card (use that one for months) I had in there that contained history. I assume you did the same? I never keep the “new update” firmware card in the machine because the baseline one has been gathering cover data.

Try this. erase the 4 files from you SD card, no need to reformat. Go to your downloads folder and click on DMP 3.14. When it brings up the extractor program locate the Extract all button and click it. than click browse and point toward the SD Card. select that. When the files are extracted to SD card you can delete the text file. Eject the card and try that one. See if that works for you.

2 Likes

Nope still won’t update. 3x

maybe just buy a card from PSA

1 Like