DMP Upgrade 3.13 released

3.13 lately has been not showing the time progressing bar (stoped)if I use the next track button. If I hit the pause button it will then return to a normal bar progress but it will not pause. Weird…

I have seen the progress bar thing when skipping tracks too. I have mentioned this one to Barry too. Glad someone else has seen it.

Right after I read the post it happened to me. After ejecting the CD and reinserting it there has been no problem.

That does usually clear the issue in my experience too.

This bug was present prior to 3.13 (@sixpack1 I saw it in 3.10).

1 Like

I have too.

Open/close,start and pause commands on the remote and touch screen are not as responsive as they should be. Also the cd drawer seems to be opening and closing slower than usual. Gremlins back from hiatus…

Can you put a stopwatch to it and post the results of both opening and closing? Then we can do the same on our end and provide reference feedback.

2.40 seconds to open.
2.02 seconds to close

I am getting:

2.20-2.25 on open
1.90-1.95 on close

There will be some variance in reaction time I imagine, but I did it several time to come up with a consistent range.

We’re pretty close. I did not time before but mine seems a wee bit slower than usual.

That does not surprise me, as we know by now that each new firmware needs at least 100 hours of burn-in :grin:

Seriously now… touch screen and remote working excellent here. I will measure open/close time later… just for fun…

3.10 - open: 2,22 close: 1,88

3.13 - open: 2,09 close: 1,80

(without disc)

Because of my DSD downsampling problem, I switched between 3.13 and 3.10 a couple of times in the last days. While at it, I tried to find out wether I could hear a difference in sound quality. Well, maybe it’s my imagination, but I believe, my first impression, when I had 3.13 newly installed back in December, was right: I thought at that time, the newer version does indeed sound a bit sweeter (with Red Book CD). So until PS Audio has fixed the downsampling bug, my dilemma is: for maximum listening pleasure, I would have to go back and forth, 3.13 for listening to CDs, 3.10 for playing SACDs… but I’m probably just too lazy for that…

1 Like

I have the same problem with you, so l downgrade to 3.10

I’m confident the next version will bring it back. Yes, I am

Thanks oddeophile for the recommendation on the Purist Audio Design system enhancer and burn in cd.

Hard to believe it is so much better than their previous one that i own but it is.

I lent it to my skeptical friend and he just emailed me the following:

“It really transformed that Reference recording Beethoven and Strauss. Everything is cleaner and clearer and especially better separation of individual instruments. Also improvements in low level detail and dimensionality result in a superior listening experience. Thanks!”

Was wondering how you like the Purist Audio Design Luminist CD?

Perception is so subjective… but I ran it through my systems and thought it made a difference in all of them. Agree with “better separation” and micro-detail enhancement comments.

Paul,anymore polish on the horizon for any DMP firmware updates? At times my DMP still will not respond to remote commands and turning off power in the rear to work properly is getting a bit long in the tooth…

1 Like

Recently when I asked PSA directly they informed me that no -no more updates/polishing on the horizon.