I like WINE too:

A/K/A, grape expectations

Must foot stomp that one!

1 Like

I suspect Dickens agrees.

2 Likes

Today’s dinner accompaniment:

1 Like

Perfect match with Samin Nosrat’s Buttermilk-brined roast chicken.

1 Like

Highland Park luvs me.

My youngest daughter turned 25 today. She asked for a Bindi Fruiti di Bosco cake and a Paella platter. I’m serving this with the meal a lovely 1996 Barolo, from the year that she was born in.

6 Likes

Hopefully neither of them are spoiled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes to my daughter no to the wine although the top of the cork was dry and crumbled. I was able to strain it into a decanter.

I made the Paella

4 Likes

The birthday girl 25 and second year medicine student. We’re proud of her!

5 Likes

Ya know… I didn’t have that wine, but based on your mention of the buttermilk-brined chicken, I made it last night, having started it the day before.

Er-my-gerd… it was fantastic. While it’s a dead-simple recipe, it was one of the best roasters we’ve ever had.

Tonight, I folded the leftovers into a Bahamian chicken soup from the “Simply Souper” book, an eclectic gem if you can find it. Allspice, red pepper, veggies and home-made stock. And the leftover-leftovers (bones) are making a new stock in the oven a la Rhulman.

A simple reference made for several great meals. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, indeed.

2 Likes

Proud papa!

1 Like

I love how this thread is developing

1 Like

Not a full-on Hit, and so not an A Side. A bit loose and “Jammy” of a track. But a solid choice for the B Side of the single. And affordable, so the Label’s bean counters OK’d it. Play it without shame for the undiscerning.

Just don’t ask me what the single is :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Only one bottle left in my cellar.

5 Likes

Somewhat at the other end of the spectrum from @Famavolat’s Saint-Julien. But very enjoyable nonetheless. Gavi from the Piedmont region of Italy.

2 Likes

Is that the last bottle of that vintage, or the end of your cellar? :grinning:

1 Like

1 Like