New DS Jr. questions: non-working Bridge, dropouts, etc

Follow-up.

Rather than exchange Junior for another, we decided to try a new Bridge II chip. It arrived, I swapped the chip, I booted up, and we now have a Bridge! Thank goodness it was that simple.

As luck would have it, about a half hour before FedEx showed up with the chip, my network bombed out. (I had a device go bonkers on me, which was flooding the network with packets that disabled all the switches and the router.) Sorted by 10pm, with the rogue device now sulking in the corner as I write this.

Now, off to configure things for the Bridge! :+1:

2 Likes

TJ got it all taken care of! :blush:

1 Like

To what extent? My DMP didn’t work out of the box at all, other than the disc tray open/close. Do they actually test that it plays a CD, or do they just plug it in and check it powers on?

Of course they are each tested with a real CD and a real datadisc before being shipped out. It would never leave our facility without rigorous testing.

Brodric, what are you trying to accomplish by making the same claims of lack of quality control over and over? You know the answers to these questions; Paul and others have answered you numerous times, telling you the products are tested.

And you know better than to troll - but at this point this is all you are doing.

Please give it a rest.

1 Like

I’m not the only one with QC problems on new products…the company is holding the line that everything that ships is perfect. That’s fine, I take their word on that. What I don’t understand is, if my DMP was tested and found to be perfect, how come it arrived as it did? The fault was blamed on a corrupted software load at the factory. If it was tested at the factory and found to be perfect, how does a software load get corrupted between leaving the factory in perfect condition and me opening the box? Iffy stuff is getting through the factory QC undetected. Even if you ignore all the iffy stuff I’ve received, just look at all the reports here from other owners reporting similar problems.

And not just with my DMP. The spare part they recently sent me to fix my P3 didn’t work properly either.

What I’m trying to accomplish is to get the Company to take notice that QC could be improved.

And I’m not trolling. I have joined a conversation started by somebody else and re-iterated my similar experiences. That is not trolling.

It is trolling given how often you post the same complaints and stories, over and over.

You ask the same questions of PS Audio despite having already received responses and knowing the answers. You repeatedly misstate the facts as to PS Audio’s procedures, etc.

Again and again, in thread after thread.

We have heard it ad nauseum. PS Audio has heard it. Paul has responded to you numerous times.

Others over the past months have made explicit how tiresome this is.

Enough already.

P.S. You can call it spamming if you prefer a term other than trolling. Thread crapping also comes to mind. There are many less polite versions as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I haven’t had answers to many of my questions. I’d like to know how my DMP passed QA when it wouldn’t play anything. I’d like to know why there were 2 loose screws floating around inside my DSJ when I took delivery of it. I’d like to know why my new PD4.7 arrived DOA. I’d like to know why the Noise Harvester arrived DOA. I’d like to know why one of my PS Audio Statement XLR arrived cross-wired. I’d like to know why my PS Audio Humbuster arrived with L and N crossed between input/output. I’d like to know why the new regenerator spare part for my broken P3 they sent me didn’t work properly. I’d like to know why the IEC inlet of my new Dectet didn’t have any screws holding it in position. I’m not making this stuff up. QA issues of new PS gear have been an on-going problem for years.

And as for others, pages and pages of reports of similar. The one that takes the cake: @Dirk I think it was. BHK300 face plate on a BHK250. And just in the past few days, an owner of a new power plant. Noisy. Replaced with another new one. Even more noisy. Replaced with a 3rd one. Finally found one that worked properly. And a DSJ, Bridge didn’t work at all.

Mine is but one voice in a chorus of voices of owners out there who get new PS stuff that doesn’t work properly, or doesn’t work at all. And for those of you who get stuff that works properly out of the box, good luck to you. Don’t criticize us unfortunates who have suffered for years and years of continual DOA products, and breakdowns, and stuff that doesn’t function properly.

And I don’t recall anybody from PS Audio ever show any sentiment of regret to me in response to my endless problems with their products. My punishment for all this sufferance has been to take away my direct purchasing arrangement, and quietly take away my Community Leader status in the dead-of-night without the courtesy of telling me so.

PS Audio has a QA problem. Criticizing me for highlighting that doesn’t solve the problem.

A valid opinion, given your experience; no doubt… Now that you have thoroughly made your case (again), one might wonder whether it would be particularly helpful if you we’re to (hypothetically speaking) relate this (now in the past) experience over and over again in different threads. Time marches on and PS Audio’s QA/QC should be better tomorrow than it was yesterday. Of course, if you experience more “dropped balls”, I, for one, would not mind hearing of it; and I am sure Paul will want the feedback. Post away. However, since this whole forum is an exercise in the exchange of opinions and perspectives, here is my personal take on some of the criticism levied in regard to your recent posts: In the future, before you hit the “reply” button, ask yourself, “Am I about to offer constructive criticism, or am I going to post something that could readily be construed as intending to punish PS Audio for its past mistakes and my displeasure.” Sincerely yours.

3 Likes

No one objects to your having related your experience. Many of us have offered our condolences.

It is your incessant repetition in a myriad of threads which is unproductive. If you still feel mistreated I suggest contacting Paul directly. He has responded to you publicly, but perhaps you need direct contact to feel you have been heard.

This dead, beaten horse is no longer even a grease spot.

1 Like

Just showing some solidarity and support to the others out there that receive new PS product that doesn’t work properly. If sharing my own experiences with other new community members who find themselves landing within our midst, who are similarly afflicted with problematic PS stuff, and who have not previously traveled the widths and depths of the forums herein, they are not alone. Which they can measure against the writings of others here who might repeatedly express their alternate experiences of all their PS stuff working perfectly, and never breaking down, and being overwhelmingly happy with everything PS Audio. I’m also overwhelmingly happy with PS Audio, except when they send me DOA stuff, and when stuff doesn’t function properly, or when it repeatably breaks down. Being able to talk about one’s experiences can be therapeutic to those afflicted by problems. To those not afflicted by problems, might I suggest consider yourselves lucky and move on.

And just in-case readers think I might simply be a grumpy old man about everything, I replaced all my main PS pieces with Esoteric and the Esoteric stuff all arrived in perfect condition, and it all works flawlessly, and I’m very happy with it. No complaints at all.

Please limit your comments to providing solidarity as you describe above, and avoid the needless repetition of previous oft expressed complaints and gratuitous sarcastic comments. I am asking nicely.

And let’s stop mucking up this thread. We have covered the issue.

Not really sure why you think he’s going to start paying attention to you now. This has been going on the entire time I’ve been a member.

It has gone forever, but I have not previously asked him to stop. I should have stepped in much earlier.

My hope is we can find a reasonable balance.

I think Brodric has a legitimate gripe/claim on the issue of QC… especially considering all of the past problems he has encountered with PS Audio purchases [ along with many others… to be fair ] which he and others have made known via these forums. The lack of properly functioning equipment does seem to be a bit excessive from what I have read over the years…Venting one’s frustration because of recurring problems over time would surely get to the best of us…after all…all anyone wants is a desire to have properly working kit… without the drama to get to that end point. But…to be fair… s*** happens!

I myself would not be a happy camper if I had to go through the process of jumping through all the hoops…just to listen to my music collection…which would be turning my joy for music into a sorrowful purchase decision… I do agree with Elk though and would seek a more quantitative balance. With that being said…maybe Brodric should open a more balanced viewpoint in a thread solely for the purpose of getting PS Audio to maybe look a bit deeper into customers complaints and find a better QC solution for now… and the future. It would seem that both the manufacturer and the customer both would benefit highly getting to the bottom of any issues of functionality.

1 Like

I started with PS Audio product (Ultralink II) and was very impressed how musical PS audio sounds are; new PS audio products are a lot more complex with sophisticated software and hardware, which in general will impact MTBF (mean time between failures); I do believe PS Audio has rigorous ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure) and burn in and constantly improving; also keep in mind shipping can add to the equation; I have turn table shipped all the way from left coast and the motor was loose when received; One thing I really appreciate and I think makes PS Audio stands out is their attention to customers (Kudos to TJ, Jeremy, Kevin and James); They listen and take great care of customers. that really matters;

Good thinking, Mark

If you’ve never experienced QC problems with P S equipment then you don’t know how frustrating and down right annoying it is when you take delivery of a NEW product only to find that it is faulty.! Then there’s accessories that are missing (cables, remote control, white gloves, instruction manual, etc), that have been ticked and initialled on a sheet of paper by P S employee(s) as inspected and packed but they weren’t in the box … just the inspection sheets of paper ? SO WHY WAS THE SHEET TICKED AND INITIALLED THAT THE ACCESSORIES WERE PACKED?
Then there’s the inspection sheet of paper, marked as checked for quality/condition by a ‘few members of staff’ before the product gets boxed at the warehouse - only for me to discover on opening the box and removing the plastic bag (which were in perfect condition), that the amplifier front panel was so badly damaged it looked like it had been dragged across the warehouse floor by a truck and, if that in itself wasn’t bad enough, it was the wrong front panel fitted… Yet there were ticks on the paper which was also initialled that the condition of the amplifier had passed quality control. How could that possibly be so ?

BHK preamp volume knob insecurely attached. Transformer tightened down hard on a ribbon wire which shorted and this caused the micro-processer to fry components - as can be seen in the photo above the blue capacitor. I had to strip down my new BHK preamp and repair same… Believe me this takes the shine of owning a new BHK preamp!!

PWT arrived at my house DOA, 5 years later it still doesn’t work properly, even after several failed attempts… £3000 sterling, just a total waste of my money!!

There is more than this but it is pointless listing it all down because it only pisses me off and pisses off members who read this and think I am complaining for no-reason, but they haven’t experienced what it’s like to be in a situation where you spend many ‘thousands and thousands’… And others that aren’t in the same situation only see it from the outside and think it’s just a pointless moan-fest, then criticize the likes of ‘Brodric and I’ as pains in the butt.

Malcontents… P S Audio Misanthropes… But everything I’ve put to print is fact…! Why shouldn’t we air our grievances when a new forum member asks a question about their new PSA product that doesn’t function properly and/or has poor quality control.

I’ve spent in excess of £55K sterling (PSA costs much more in the UK). I shake my head when I read on the forum how some members get upset with PSA when they can’t update their firmware, well, that is nothing to the grief of buying a brand-new product and living 4,500 miles from the factory and going through all the hassles entailed…!!

Then there’s the old pony that’s trotted out of how I am in the 1% category: And that P S are aware of my problems/issues and they apologise unreservedly, and how it’s been addressed at assembly, etc. then the next product I buy which was the BHK250 and it arrived with BHK300 front panel !! Make no wonder I get pissed off!! DSCF4253|666x500

3 Likes

DSCF4253

Thanks Elk. Brodric and I have corresponded both publicly and privately on numerous occasions. And for the record I have personally apologized to him more times than I can count for the problems he has had both from deliveries made by his Australian distributor
and direct from us. Indeed, his experience has been plagued with issues. They are certainly not typical, yet sometimes a few people seem cursed to get consistent problems from a manufacturer. It’s happened to me and I’ll bet we all know a few folks who that
happens to. I wish we could make perfect products.