New SR Master fuse review vs AM M1 and Purple to follow

SR Master is easily the best fuse I have ever had in the system, and I have tried Purple, Orange, Beewax, M-1, and some others that I do not recall anymore.

Thanks for your statement that the master is the best backup…grrr. now you say holographic. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I have 4 Hifituning Silver Gold in each mono power amp. I won’t change anything there. Power cable Furutech DPS-4.1.
I currently have a Purple in the power plant that I would like to replace. Power cable an Audioquest Dragon Clone. Sounds very good for the price, better than an Audioquest Hurricane. Sounds almost like a Firebird, even a bit more neutral, but not as over-etched as the Audioquest original Dragon. I had borrowed that too, dynamics, space wonderful, but I didn’t like its sound signature.
As you say a master. In the preamp / streamer Cambridge edge nq the Audiomagic Ultima Premier. A Furutech dps-4.1 power cable.
Maybe the purple from the power station? Or an Audiomagic M1 depending on how it sounds?
I have a Hifituning Silber Gold in the power supply for the Melco S100 switch, and an Audioquest Hurricane source as the power cable.
I think the fuse is an extension of the power cord and the sound mixes from both. The signature inherent sound of the components is also important, as it matches the fuses and produces a natural sound.
I have optimized a lot, also epluggs for power and open outputs/inputs, highly recommended. I built my speakers myself with very high-quality components. The capacitors are high quality and additionally with Duelund JDM Silver Bypas. Very natural, airy, spacious and took the last hardness of the Mundorf Silver Gold Oil.

Conclusion… I need a master for my power plant next… I have you to thank for the whole safety dance. I’ve been reading along here since your Purple swap. I had left out buying the M1… :wink:

2 Likes

Yes replace your current fuse in your power plant with’
the SR Master…that is the most effective place as placing it
in your power plant will upgrade the power delivery to everything
you have plugged into your power plant…

Which power plant are you using?

The HiFi Tuning Supreme while liquid smooth is not nearly as
dynamic as the SR Purple let alone the SR Master…

Then again as all things in this hobby, ymmv, your mileage may vary
with different results…

Best wishes

I only have the Perfect wave Power Plant 10.
Problem is, each power amp would need at least 4 fuses. When changing the fuses, the effect is not that big there. A power cable change is also noticeable, but not to the same extent as with the other devices

1 Like

How many amps do you have?

The most effective approach is to do your P10 (which is a wonderful piece)

Most amps have rail fuses inside the amp…not necessary to do these…main
impact will be the main amp fuse…

Best wishes friend

The AVM mono amps are fully symmetrical and have several transformers for plus and minus. two additional transformers to save electricity in ECO mode. In total there are 7 fuses in one amp. A huge capacitor bank. Maybe a reason why replacing a fuse doesn’t have too much of an impact like in the P10, preamplifier or the power supply for the switch and CD drive.

1 Like

I did it. Order a master quickly. It is not sold in Germany and prices are rising in the Netherlands. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Way to go Stier2704…

I strongly believe the SR Master in your P10 will upgrade your
overall system’s sound…

Looking forward to hearing how it goes …

Best wishes

Yes, I am also very excited. This time it’s you who convinced me. With Purpel I heard his heaviness on Vmaxx and now he has exchanged all of them for M1. When I heard it for the first time, I was amazed by the dynamics and I liked the detailed, soft highs. dchang wrote Purple and Premier mix well. So the hi-tuning in the preamp against that Exchanged AM Ultimate premier. At the beginning the bass was much too thick and less dynamic than with the hi-fi tuning. After swapping the power cord to the power plant, the bass was controlled again. Swapped the Nanotech 309 for the Audioquest Dragon Aliexpress Version. Now let’s see how it will be with the master in the power plant. See which fuse harmonizes best in the preamp. AM Ultimate Premier, SG Purple or try an AM M1 or… grrr. Other construction site. My XLR cable pre-amplifiers. Currently Audioquest Earth. I got myself a Mystic Dragon XLR from Aliexpress. Since I don’t trust the Chinese what they use as a silver conductor, I’ll tinker there. The plugs look original. The cable is a bit stiffer than the original, probably a different FEP tube. I ordered silver conductors from German high-end MCS silver conductors 0.75 mm. monocrystalline. I would like to swap them in the cables. Best wishes

Hey Stier…

English please…

What are you saying? Ah now it is in English…thanks

Best wishes

Not M1 Fuses or the Master, just to satisfy my curiosity to what extent fuses can make a difference, I bought two sets of fuses to my new old Marantz SA-11S2 reference player. This player uses 7 internal fuses, 1x3.15A, 3x1.6A and 3x1A. If replace one fuse can make an very audible difference/improvement for a given system, what happens when you replace 7 at the same time? Hence the experiement.

The unit takes 7 fuses, so M1s or Masters are out of the question. First round Schurter fuses Swiss made

These are the same branded fuses PS Audio uses as stock in my copy of BHK250(the squared S logo).

Compared to stock Marantz fuses, these are slightly warmer but imaging is a bit defused compared to stock after played straight for about 48 hours. Throw a bigger sound stage and denser body compared to stock. Overall an improvement. (we are talking about small differences, not huge) Biggest change came from swapping out the 3.15 main fuse. Total cost for 7 fuses, about 12 bucks + shipping

Second round, Littlefuse fuses UK made? didn’t verify that.

These sound more like no fuses at all, very transparent and neutral. Highly resolving. No coloration added. Added clarity. This is a slightly bigger step compared to Schurter and changes the Marantz signature warm sound to a very neutral refrence sound signature. I’m hearing a lot more detail, blacker background. Biggest change also came from swapping out the 3.15 main fuse. These fuses are staying in the player in my system after 48hrs of run time. Total cost for 7 fuses, about 75 bucks + shipping.

My experience from this, for my ears and my system, is that I hear the biggest changes and improvement during the settling period. After the fuses fully settled, the differences are still there but lot smaller than first listen. This is in line with my SR purple burn-in, except the purple burn-in is lot longer and weirder.

No crazy burn in time from both Schurter and Littlefuse, they settled pretty quickly.

My take away, it’s likely most of the changes I hear is my brain adjusting to a new sound. Not that fuses don’t make a difference in my system, just that after sufficient settling period, my system more or less reminded how my system sounded before the fuse swap with 5%(I’m being very generous here) of whatever coloration the fuses brought to the table.

Oh, the Littlefuse are a bit directional. Schurter no so much at all.

What a fun rabbithole I got myself into, haha.

4 Likes

This is a very interesting experiment. It reminds me of my experience. When I replaced a Purple fuse in BHK pre (or PST?) with the stock fuse. I was surprised how good it sounded, especially after a couple of days I was not sure if there was a difference.

I do not want to try the same experience with the Master; no I will never!

1 Like

My master backup has finally arrived.
First put it in my P10 where it replaced a Purple.
First impression, no wow effect, everything sounds very natural and balanced. Master knocks the purple out of the box.
I currently have an AM premier Ultimate in the preamp, I could swap it out for the Purple from the P10 and listen. Maybe save on a second master. lol AM Ultimate Premier has more lower and top end as the Purple. Purple is smoother in the high and more rich in the middle. AM Ultimate Premier has more Attack.

1 Like

After three days with the master in the power plant, the properties or errors of my other fuse are even more obvious.
The master is so good that it doesn’t affect the sound much and causes fewer errors. Unlimited dynamics that are sometimes frightening. Especially noticeable by films.
Gunshots, explosions, special effects come out of nowhere. It’s just unlimited springy dynamics.
Tones with reverberation have a longer decay.
The timbre is very natural.
I’m still experimenting with my existing backups fuse. back and forth.
But the thought of even more masters won’t let go of me. The other fuses stand out with their own sound and character. When I recently exchanged my XLR cable for a monocrystalline silver cable, I had a similar experience as with the Master Fuse.
The original sound and the music flows unchecked and naturally.

4 Likes

Hey Stier704…

Glad you scratched the itch to try the SR Master fuse…
It is a game changer…

Glad the master is working out for you!!

Best wishes

1 Like

The SR Master does not discolor or limit anything. Provided that the components and cables do not require sound tuning, it is the ideal backup. I think that the fuse together with the component and the power cables add up to a whole. I’ve read that many here use Audioquest cables. The Storm series has a bad plug. Replacing them with Furutech NCF unleashes their potential. Since Audioquest is constantly increasing the prices, they are uninteresting in my view and only half a thing. I’ve tried them all. They are great in some ways but have flaws. Read that Dave Zenwave makes some great cables that should beat the Dragon at a fraction of the price.

With the SR Master you get a similar upgrade as a high quality cable. Both together is the best. Only one roof is half the battle.
That is what I use for my P10 with the Master fuse. All the others power cords are Furutech dps-4.1 and a Hurricane source for my LPS for the switch.

If you would like to read my findings on the SR Master you
might like to look at my following posts:

Posts 46 at 72 hours
85 at 120 hours
133 at 216 hours

You may like to start at top of the thread to gain more insight.

It is a long read…

Waymanchen chimes in as well with very similar results with the Sr master.

Best wishes

4 Likes

Thank you Davida for summarizing each hour of development. I’ve been following your thread. I listen to music for hours and am happy that there is still improvement to the excellent sound of the master from the start. It’s scary for my wallet to think how many masters can increase it. Greetings Andrew

1 Like

updates SR Master

The master fuse is now boiling in my mains filter for over 140 hours.

A journey into new worlds of sound that I have never heard before with any other fuse.
Even some cable updates
Today the wheat is separated from the chaff.
The SR Master clearly shows the difference of any recording quality.

It doesn’t sugarcoat anything and shows the recording and the artist unfiltered. Without golden or beeswax enamel.

The three-dimensionality and presentation increases more realistically than with any other backup before. Subtleties in the voice, nuances like I’ve never heard before. Expression ,comprehensibility, details previously hidden are revealed.

You don’t just hear the singer breathing. You hear if he has a gap in his teeth or braces. The singing technique is shown in shading by the master. Unbelievable

The SR Master mercilessly shows the quality of your favorite playlist on Qobuz

Greetings Andrew

4 Likes

Hey Andrew…

What a great experience yours …

Thanks for sharing it…

Best wishes