Power Cords

I am a fan of the Wireworld for my front end gear!

Ha - thanks Alice for widening the rabbit hole :smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

Are you using the Cullen PC for a regenerator, and if so, can you say which regenerator, which Cullen PC and anything you noticed that was improved from using the stock cable? Thanks!

Hi George,

Iā€™m using a Signal Cable: Magic Power cable to supply my P12 regenerator.

I havenā€™t done an A/B comparison between the stock power cable and the Signal cable.

The Signal Cable has larger conductors that are twisted quite a bit more than the stock power cable. The connectors are much higher quality compared to the stock power cable, with a stronger connection to the wall outlet and the P12.

Being that the P12 is completely regenerating the AC voltage; The stock power cable would actually be just fine.

On the outputs of the P12 regenerator; this is where GOOD quality power cables are, in my opinion, the most effective.

Iā€™m using all Cullen power cables feeding my audio system components.

This where Iā€™ve heard audible improvement.

The P12 is great! I have dirty AC power that fluctuates and pulses at times, I can actually see it in my lights.

The P12 cleans All of that dirty power for a Clean, Steady AC power supply, very nice!

I couldā€™ve used the P12 stock power cable; but I wanted a better cable with larger conductors and better connectors on each end.

Iā€™m sure the stock power cable would be sufficient.

1 Like

Thanks, RT!

Any time George!

By the way, which Cullen cables are you using?

I went by his recommendations for each component.

Iā€™ve got the Red Copper for the amp.

The Crossover for the DAC.

The Gold for the CDP.

1 Like

I have 2 PS Audio power cables both 1 meter in length and I am in need of knowing the ā€œretailā€ price of both cable.

They are AC 3 and AC 5.

If I remember correctly the AC 3 was 129.00 for 1 meter but am not sure.

If someone could respond with the the retail pricing it would very much be appreciated.
Thanks in advanceā€¦

Have you contacted PS Audio? Surely they have a record of your purchase. Or, if you didnā€™t buy them, they should at least be able to tell you how much they sold for when they last sold them.

Todayā€™s EU price excluding VAT:
AC 5: $268
AC 3: $183

Thank you George_P for your suggestion to contact PS Audio.
That was my fall-back choice to contact PS Audio should I be unable to get the information from the forum.
However before I did that, I thought I would toss the question out to the group first.
Serhan, thanks for your response however I am in the USA so need the pricing in US Dollars as it pertains
to me.
If anyone else can help me out it would be much appreciated.

$130 and $299

Thank you so much Dawkins.