Snowmass DirectStream Sr. upgrade - Available in the Downloads Section

Ron, you can self mitigate the risk but waiting a week or three to upgrade or by downgrading as many did.

It’s a damned if they do, damned if the don’t scenario for Paul et al. The Bridge is an extra fun piece given they don’t write the code, and the code wasn’t out until after SM.

No change in sound I can detect with v2 (err, 3.0.4)

No, 3.6.2 was withdrawn because of serveral bugs and superseded by 3.6.17 which is the actual and latest version. If you install Snowmass V2, which has been released a few hours ago, you should be able easily to update to 3.6.17 firmware.

Thanks for the patience guys and thanks for letting us have a little slack on timing. We wanted to add a few features, fix some bugs and make sure it was just right.

2 Likes

My comment is neither personal nor even pejorative. I merely recognize your view may be the opposite of mine. As I already posted, there is nothing wrong with this.

By the way, what does your bold writing of the phrase Beta Testers signify?

As courageous and risky the quick update/test philosophy might seem for some, if we are honest, there’s an option for everyone. From keeping old firmwares … over waiting with own updates until the forum doesn’t report any bug anymore…until going with every update as soon as it arrives.

I personally prefer having the great sound as soon as possible and take the risk of just having to downgrade again when there’s a problem. So far this didn’t happen.

2 Likes

My bold word writing highlights an important emphasis only. It’s also easier to visually see an important point that may be of interest within this forum layout format.

I have noticed previous edits by you removing bold words. I did not know I was not allowed to make some words bold on this forum.

Sorry, I don’t even know your first name.

Ron

I reported the fade-in issue within hours of the Snowmass being released to the beta testers. (Post 171 in this topic)

Thus, the query, bolding Beta Testers “highlights” what “important emphasis?”

That is, what is the point you are intending to make?

[I edit posts with extensive use of bold, all caps, etc. as they are the equivalent of shouting. This is unnecessary and hampers readability. Individual words and short phrases are fine.]

It’s up now. I listed all the features on the thread. Nothing to write home about, but fixed volume, etc.

1 Like

ELK — so much nonsense.

Have a good day.

Ron

The two cannot communicate between each other so I am calling coincidence.

It’s nit really a bug but, as Ted and I both agree, the ramp up is too long. It’ll be adjustable in the next mountain top release. We can’t change it in the PIC code until Ted changes it in the FPGA and when he does that there’s a good chance the sound will change. Maybe at some point we’ll have a small hilltop rather than mountain top. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Paul

Hey Frank—I don’t agree in that I hope the sound does change. I like when it changes; doesn’t mean I’ll like it/keep it. We can always go back, ya know?
Frank

10-4.

Keep up the great work.

Scott

Great change with the volume control, makes everyone happy, I really like the variable and fixed options.

New preamp today, I had to switch my preference since I was going straight from the DAC earlier in the day!

I’m sorry I offended you by asking what you meant. I am trying to understand what it was you were trying to communicate to the rest of us.

I appreciate that Elk, Thank you. No worries. :+1:

Snowmass V2 has fixed many issues and most people should be very happy.

Ron

Where do I find V2 and details of what this release fixes?