Synergistic Research ORANGE Quantum Fuse Vs Blue Fuse

Thanks!! I just ordered 8 for the rail fuses on my BHK 300’s. Already did the mains!

1 Like

Hey Gang…I just purchased 3 SR Orange fuses while they have the buy 2 get 1 free August promotion…Can we get a consensus on direction? BHK Pre and Directstream…Any detailed instructions and YOUR sonic findings based on such, would be much appreciated!
BTW…PLEASE…”fuse/direction-naysayers” are asked to kindly refrain from skepticism related thread crapping. Thanks in advance, on all accounts. Also, all experience with break-in time.

Fuse should be oriented as indicated on the box which is toward the
the “hot side”…

However it might be good to try both ways once the fuses have some
run time on them…which ever way yielding the best detailed sound
is the goal…

Best wshes happy listening from an orange and blue fuse user!!

So if I am facing the amp and walk over to the left side of it, that’s where I changed by fuses from. When putting the fuse in I put them in ‘backwards’ so that the writing on them is upside down when im on the left side.

That sounded best to me as well when I switched it.

I have orange fuses on my BHK250, Preamp, P15, and DSD Jr

1 Like

Does PSA listen to every amp, pre, etc. with fuses both ways before shipping? I’m guessing, understandably, no. Anyone know?

Naw… man, they leave that for you to tweak and figure out :grin:

Thanks. Do you have to remove the back cover to get to the fuses?

1 Like

Depends on the individual piece of gear…some are easy access from
the back no need to open the unit…which piece or pieces of equipment
are you referring to?

Sorry. 300 monos

If you are referring to the BHK 300 monos it appears from the photos
on the products page that BHK 300 monos have the fuse port on the
back for easy access…

While I don’t have BHK 300s

Read back through this thread and I think you will find reference to the
BHK 300s …and you will find helpful info…

Best wishes happy listening

Yes. Thanks
I thought I’d ask, this is third day I’m still waiting for a call back from PSA service. PSA is usually great for this but not sure why they aren’t returning my call. Anyway, thanks for your response!

PSA has been slowed due to covid and the safe distancings etc
and impacts on operations…really not their fault…

You might try emailing might be a better way to communicate
with them…is your gear needing servicing?

Look at the back of the amps. You’ll see 6 fuses clearly marked with their values.

Well, I’m not sure. I leave my monos on in standby. I went in Monday night and turned off all gear starting with monos with the purpose of rearranging my cables. I powered back up starting with DMP and monos last. One of the monos did not turn on. No glow from tubes, so probably not the front switch. Before sending in I just wanted to ask if it might be a fuse. If that is ruled out then it could be the main power switch or worse and require sending it in. However, if it is just a fuse that would avoid the hassle and expense of sending it in.
I tried a different PC and different dedicated line/receptacle. Checked breakers, etc.

Yes. So do they just pop out like a bayonet fitting?

Yes, 1/4 turn or maybe 1/2. Be sure the back switch is off before removing any of them. An ohm meter can be used to check continuity.

Thanks so much!

Hey Bret66 what might be causing his tubes from lighting up?

Could be a failed tube or the smaller of the two main fuses.

2 Likes

Any progress to solving your issue…?