System Photos!

Keep kicking ass, 1% was all you needed! Live life to the fullest. Glad you beat the odds!

2 Likes

Thank you, you guys great I have been reading all the threads of the last few years. It has help me tremendously by being a better listener and enjoying music more. I can’t think all of you enough, it’s a great community keep it up .

2 Likes

Stereo in my home office / multi purpose room.

For details see:
Stellar Gain Cell DAC Experience

12 Likes

Umm…that is super neat and tidy, what are you shy about. Beautiful system!! Love how you combined to bookshelf speakers for the center channel. Lot’s of planning and attention to detail there. congrats and thanks for sharing!

Where did you get your diffuser and is it one piece? Looks like a nice modular set up that you can move easily to watch tv.

FHi ,I got the diffuser on Amazon it is one piece and yes it is easy to move that’s why I picked it up. If you get one it’s not shipped well. They just wrapped it in cardboard, I am surprised it made it in one piece.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q33S813/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_5Tr8Cb91SZGFC

Latest addition to complete system… that’s what I always say! Burmester B100😄image

14 Likes

The system is never complete.

4 Likes

What is the TEAC used for? What are those speakers?

ummmm…

Teac is a balanced headphone amp and the speakers are German Burmester B100

Beautiful speakers! I looked them over on the Burmester site. Impressive company all around.

1 Like

Yes that is serious High End, only way out of my budget. Highest series enclosures are too much a piece of art to my taste. Making me wonder what the emphasis is, looks or sound. But I also have to admit that I never had a chance to listen to it, which in this case I would like.

These Burmester B 100 though look very good for large speakers.

I like the combo of the black PS Audio Signature series and the Burmesters.

T+A from Herford Germany are more to my taste.

Large speakers are the best! Mine are also 280LB behemoths!

It’s interesting that in Germany Burmester (and T&A) don’t have a really sophisticated high end reputation. Burmester had it in it’s best days, but still always was considered as technical and analytical sounding. T&A never had in my perception.

Always interesting to see how different perceptions are from outside/in country point of view.

There’s a reason many speakers are compared to properly designed stats. Hard to beat for home audio. Will never sell my Sanders speaker system.

7 Likes

Yes indeed. Different views and different perspectives. And that is perfectly OK.

In my world, if the T+A 40th anniversary, the high voltage series, and the R Series are not considered high end then this world is a sad place.

All mentioned offer all sources, 2 separate dedicated DAC’s one optimized for PCM the other for DSD. All series offer disc players that work and seem to be designed for operation in seismic active conditions.

The high voltage series offer 3 SACD options of which the SACD transport top model makes Fort Knox look like a tin can.

They just released their 40th anniversary hybrid tube amplifiers mono blocks and had line source speakers and transmission line speakers in their program for many years. Mr. Amft dedicated his life to High End Audio, he was taught the subject with passion by his Professor on the university, Mr. Sennheiser.

They offer lower cost product and series, but those offer not remotely the features PS Audio puts in their products.

T+A is the symbiosis of Sound Quality, Build Quality, Optical Esthetics and optical and audible synergetic.

So you might ask why I do not drule off to find a forum with T+A and why I bought PS Audio gear. Their company seems as difficult to approach as the afore mentioned Fort Knox, so they have no forum.

PS Audio, Paul and the entire team very much make us part of their efforts to develop and build something. Yes, I could probably safe a little more and buy their close to perfect products, but very much doubt the process acquiring it is a fraction of the fun I have with PS Audio.

How is the “head in a vise” syndrome with these as compared to Martin Logans? One of my main turnoffs of ML electros is the listening stage (and I find them a bit dry and sterile sounding). My AMT equipped ML XT35’s, however, are fabulous!

Would not describe the listening experience as “head in a vise” at all. The fact is all two channel systems have a fairly narrow best sweet spot. With some careful placement and reflective corner treatments the entire listening space is great.

Which ones?