Your drink of choice

I couldn’t move somewhere that has bad tasting water. Interestingly the water here in Portland is super and the water in Seattle is terrible. I don’t know what they do to it, but it tastes like a chemistry experiment.

Water taste varies tremendously. I am fortunate to have my own well into a good tasting aquifer.

I drink a lot throughout the day. Nummy!

1 Like

I’ll take a guess at the difference. The Portland water supply is primarily from surface water with some wells supplying a portion. The surface water is a rainfall driven source. The Seattle water supply is almost exclusively surface water, which is primarily from snow melt. These different water sources will taste different. The other difference is the required treatment of the water. I’m guessing that the Seattle water supply may require more rigorous treatment than Portland, hence the more “chemical” tasting Seattle water.

From what I understand our water supply, the Bull Run Watershed, gets a majority of its water from rain. Which is surprising considering its proximity to Mount Hood which has snow year round and averages 430 inches of snow each season.

The Bull Run watershed is separated from the Mount Hood watershed by a ridge.

1 Like

Just Lemon Water tonight.

Got to love summer veggies

6 Likes

This is an interesting discussion/question. Everyone here in Boulder feels the water is fab, which might not be arguable, except - like audio - from a subjective/personal perspective. Most of it comes from the lakes at the headwaters of the Colorado river, maybe 20-30 miles west of here as the crow flies, on the other side of the Front Range and RMNP. Which required drilling multiple 8-10’ tunnels through the intervening mountains. Impressive engineering project. Look it up.

But hey - I was a lifelong (up to my early 60’s) Great Lakes Water drinker, having spent half my life in MI and half in IL. Was just there recently, and…have no idea really, as it wasn’t like some scientific test. Charcoal filtering on both, though rather different means of accomplishing that. Still - my lifelong bias kicked in to some degree, and that Glacial Lake Origin water seemed…well…like what I’m used to🤷🏻‍♂️

And BTW, I’ll have to ask my MI dwelling bro and sis in law (the ones I just visited week before last), who were just visiting their son’s fam in Portland this past week. With a side trip to Bend.

1 Like

At any rate, to sorta get back on the booze end of this topic - though this is doused with (koff, koff) Boulder Water to bring it down to Drinking Proof:

This crazy local physicist who started the Aspen Institute, and used to get hammered and toss sticks of dynamite for fun with Hunter Thompson back in the day - made good whisky.

Stranahan. This is the Blue, which one can argue is lightweight. But nonetheless lovely.

4 Likes

Seven folks, seven courses, 12 bottles of great wine. Great Sunday!

3 Likes

Breckenridge Bourbon is a great one from your neck of the woods. Very drinkable, affordable,
and complex in a good way.

Drappier! So - you’re still going on Wednesday?:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I will have to explore their “Award Winning Hooch”!:cowboy_hat_face:

Lotsa Medals👍🏼

I just always liked saying Drappier out loud (on prononce quelque chose comme, “drop-ee-yay”)

1 Like

Do it Dude. I like the original “unflavored” oak cask one best. Nothin’ to get in the way
of the hoochin.

1 Like

May have to toddle down to Breckenridge, even if it is summer. Just to get the Terroir Thang.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

We have similar tastes. The Produttori Barbarescos are excellent, as is the Guiraud Sauterne. How was the Carmenere?

Ree-chard Martin, habitez-vous dans le nord-ouest de l’Amerique?

Oui, oui! But not sure why you are asking me in French!?!?

1 Like

My bias. Je m’excuse.

Been watching too many French TV shows on MHz Choice🤷🏻‍♂️

Shay pas

How much Stranahan have you had this evening?! :grinning: