Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Fuses

You forgot 2 things fellow pilgrim :grinning:

You need to add a P20 to your wine cellar refrigerator…plus a purple or an M1 fuse
to P20…for a greater bouquet with richer flavour for the connoisseur’s fine palate :innocent:

Only then will you have a fully state of the art wine cellar…

Ears to you…pilgrim :grinning:

Best wishes

2 Likes

That is a big can of worms :face_with_spiral_eyes: to open. Although a P3 may help my big screen TV. My CFO only allows me to have a sound bar for it. That is an incredibly wise decision on her part.

500 bottles??? PS Audio should design a new P60 regenerator for it!

I love wine but I use a “cantinetta” for 32 bottles max, Sicily white and Franciacorta champagne. Tuscany red… never in a cellar!

Cheers or as we say here “Salute!”

5 Likes

Ha, I hope Dragon Source can handle the load. I need to check to make sure it does not turn into a hot rod overnight. Salute!

2 Likes

Seriously, now I do not think it is a clever idea to break in the Dragon Source on wine cellar or refrigerator. Unlike Dragon HC, it is designed for constant low current. It makes more sense to run it on my daughter’s work laptop. She keeps it on all the time and the current load is more like a DAC or preamp. David and Luca’s reply helped me to think more about the break in idea. :+1:

1 Like

What are you using the Dragon source for? Sorry if you already stated the device earlier and I missed it.

It will be used for BHK Pre, but I will try it on DS which has Stealth Dream V10 on it. Depends on SQ it may serve DS if it is better there.

1 Like

Or PST, who knows? Never say never…

As said before Donald I had the best results with Dragon Constant Current in SPP but also with PST.

In any case, keep your expectations as low as you can, I don’t think you can reach the ‘wow effect” provided by HC Dragons with regenerator or M1200s as well.

Okay, sounds like PST maybe the place to use it based on your experience. I will use Whisper, Dragon, and Silnote Orion all on PST to conduct my review. Afterward I’ll move it around and hopefully it’s not a disappointment :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

It seems you are going to face hard work during next days! That kind of hard work that every audiophile really loves!

2 Likes

The third M-1 is in HDPLEX300 and even with zero hours sounds superb not overly warm. Should prove interesting in 7 days.

1 Like

Did you experience sound changes of M-1 on 2nd day?

I got the Whisper base, I’m running a Purist Audio break-in CD for one day, then I’ll put it in the streamer PS to start.

The M-1 was changing already last night. It started opening up. The space between images were more 3D especially in depth the balance was better. I expect tonight it will really start to settle in. It came Friday but I couldn’t get it installed until yesterday.

I figure the Whisper I sent you will be pretty great after 24 hours. That was the 3rd cable I bought from Duncan. It took a day to open up even though it had been used a good bit. They all take a day to settle after moving them and not playing them. The tuning ring needs to be at male plug one :point_up: index finger back from back face of backshell then slowly move and use a sorbothane vibration isolator under tung ring if you are chasing music inner details. If you are a tone and timbre hound dith the tuning ring but it will not be as open sounding and soundstage shrinks. But BB King and Lucille will blow your mind if you want toe tapping. It is definitely a fun cable to tweak.

I figured the M-1 will start sounding better, and I will put Whisper in the PS for Euphony Summus 2 later to start. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love Sicilian wines generally.

1 Like

Sicily wines are growing and growing during last years, for sure. Reds already quite famous (Nero d’Avola) but whites surprisingly outperforming: give a try to one of my favorites:

Another wonderful Italian Island is Sardinia which white wines I’m loving so much, two pearls:

As for my absolutely favorite white wine in Italy, from another region Umbria, please take a look at:

Next time I can suggest some champagne from Franciacorta area if anyone interested.

7 Likes

Okay back to fuses. Oh my the Qty three M-1s is a whole new experience. The HDPLEX300 is loving the 3rd M-1. That LPS has a non tuning ring power cable from signal cable. So after a dozen songs. The detail was great but not the body I wanted for live sound.

I went after the tuning ring on the Whisper Elite power cable feeding my LPS to the Netgear router and switch. Move the tuning ring and the sorbothane isolator another 3/8 inch from inside of index finger knuckle to outside. That was like flipping the recorded to live sound switch. About 5-6DB in volume gain same preamp volume. . It never reacted this way with the purple SR fuse and tuning ring same positioning on whisper elite it always sounded worse. Very confounding but amazing sound.

The depth in soundstage gain reminds me of Iconoclast series 1 SPTPC depth and width except it has the series 2 aspects for seeing everything in sound stage. I am hoping things don’t shift too far with burn in on fuse.

Tuning ring adjustments were needed after my third M-1 as well. Have fun!

1 Like

I have had some time with M1s in the P20 and all the other components except the amps. Like you, I like the image and detail improvement with each M1 in the chain. However, I also feel it lacks some body in the lower mids and bass. This is after removing the RF sheet in the P20 which got rid of some nasty nasal congestion. Maybe I need to reinsert and micro cut the sheet. I am not opposed to mods but flipping fuses and micro adjusting RF sheets and cable rings are not my thing. Please tell me I am wrong or should I alot my time for better things, like therapy.

3 Likes

You could certainly try same sheet exterior on the lid and move its position for or aft about 1/16 inch at a time sofrit overhangs the front edge or is moved back. Past ege. What size is the P-20 sheet now L” x W”?

This last movement of the Tuning Ring mind you only one of the 4 I have really gave me the body. But curious part is its on my Digital chain power for the ethernet signal. It really is a puzzler.

My recommendation is go back to the P-20 sheet roughly 8”x4”. If you have a turn table try music that sounds nasally in your digital then compare to vinyl same song.

If in both try moving sheet until optimized with vinyl by using temp install masking tape moving forward

After optimum see if dound is there with digital.

If so make a single tuning ring out of 8”x2” rolled and taped in a ring around power cord to digital stream at male plug end one index finger fom back of plug. See if it improved. Then move further toward middle of the power cord 1/8” at a time using same song snippet.

After sound optimized put a vibration isolator with sorbothane light weight iso puck /cable elevator under the optimum position.

The whole project takes a half hour. Described It sounds like a PiTA but is small time well spent.

If you have not upgraded or optimized power cords yet the benefit may or may not be there. But you don’t know until you try. Moving ring is cheaper than buying all Dragon, Front Row , or Stealth power cords. Two of those benefit from tuning rings, but only Stealth comes with them.

1 Like