Purple fuse upgrade

My experience is that the Purple Fuses are clearly better than the Orange.

My first round of fuse upgrades was in my DSD Sr, BHK pre and Primaluna monos. Second round in my three REL S/5 subs for a significant improvement. And just now a third round in the linear power supplies for my Nucleus+, Matrix and EtherREGEN.

The nature of the improvements were consistent across the board…

3 Likes

Today my Beeswax M-1 fuse came. Initial impression is it sounds similar to the Ultimate Premier, only with even more meat to the sound. The SR Purple sounds more aggressive and sharper in the upper mids and highs. I really like the sound so far, even fresh out of the box. We’ll see what happens when it breaks in and I get a chance to do more intensive comparison with the Ultimate Premier and Purple.
@Vmax, you should be getting yours soon. Comes in a nice box.

3 Likes

At the risk of eliciting some sarcastic remarks (not from you), have you found the Beeswax fuses to be directional?

1 Like

He went to Audio Magic!

8 Likes

That is one thing I have not thought of trying. On the SR fuses, I have try reversing and it usually sounds duller the wrong way. With the Beeswax, I don’t even look at the direction so it’s always random which direction, but never notice any change to the sound every time I install it. Beeswax never gave instruction for direction so I don’t bother. Maybe I’ll try it someday just for kicks and see if it matters.

2 Likes

An audio buddy, whose opinion I value, finds that while with other brands the direction does matter he hasn’t found that to be the case with Beeswax for whatever reason.

1 Like

Wonder who they might be proposing to…and btw how much
did the wedding ring box add to the price of the M-1 fuse… :grinning:

Thanks waymanchen for your initial impressions.

Best wishes

1 Like

Hi All
I’ve just put in a QSA Yellow fuse into my streamer and find it to be a substantial improvement over the SR Orange. Do any of you have direct experience with the QSA Yellow/SR Purple comparison? Can anyone describe their different strengths?
Cheers

I have used Audio Magic Super fuses and find them distinctly directional. Experimentation will let you find out for yourself.

Mine came today too. Coincidentally it i my wife’s birthday. I gotta be careful she doesn’t see the package and think it is a 6.3 carat Diamond ring.

8 Likes

Now that’s funny stuff! Happy Bday to Mrs. Vmax!

2 Likes

Better hide the box quick. She’ll be very disappointed if she finds the box and expects a nice ring for her birthday only to find what looks like a 10 cent piece of fuse inside. You will have some explaining to do.

3 Likes

Always the best route to take.

I let mine draw about 2 amps streaming all day. About 12 hours in. But feel this Beeswax M-1 to be so much better if than the Ultimate Premier. It has the wide soundstage but better imaging. Better vocals and perfect bass. SR is going to need another color past purple. The low level volume listening is so scrumptious with 3 Watt peaks. It usually takes me 12 watt peaks to get excited. Totally loving this fuse. Worth every penny.

I will wait for 125 hours to put the Purple back in.

Thanks @fred75 for making me aware of this gem :gem: The diamond ring case is appropriate!

Okay @dchang05 no reason to wait. This Beeswax delivers like my absorber tweaks. You won’t be disappointed!

2 Likes

Tomorrow I will have more time to compare this fuse. I have the TV and everything else plugged into the P20 running 24/7 right now to help break it in. Even fresh out of the box, I was pretty impress with this very special fuse. Tomorrow it should even be better. We’ll see.

1 Like

Man, you’re not helping. I just made an impulsive decision getting those Akiko sticks to try out. Now my mouse pad is working hard pointing towards The Cable Company.

Did you use it on P20, or a different gear?

1 Like

Dang just heard Joe Pass, Miles Davis and now Amy Winehouse Ther is no geater Love than this M-1 Fuse. Excellent. Now Hey Joe.Off on Experience Hendrix. This fuse is off the hook. Back up singers just popping out.

2 Likes

It is on P20 right now. The p20 purple going to my router LPS. This is staying in the P20.

Like power cords, the best fuse goes to the generator. If it sounds good right out of box, it must be good. It took Purple a few days to make me like it as I remember.

Where did you buy Beeswax M-1 from? How much does it cost?