Purple fuse upgrade

I didn’t try M-1 it until 12 hours of burni in. But yeah the purple tortures you for a week or two. Not case with M-1.

1 Like

The cable company It lists for $300. Frequent Flyer you can get discount of about 12 percent and free shipping maybe more dependent how much you use them

The purple fuse gives your soundstage a hard boundary left and right. Not the case with the M-1.

It seems that after the Purple Prince we have now a M1 King and many members here are going to use their credit card soon to replace the fuse on the throne. Can I restrain my impulses? Nah!

I have to force myself to stay away from this forum almost for 2 weeks.

Thank you VMax and fred75 for your precious work!

2 Likes

This is not even one day of listening? You should wait at least a day to tell me how great the new king is. Too late, I accidentally hit the mouse asking for final price.

1 Like

@Vmax has costed me a bundle in this forum too. But for the most part, he has been right a bundle too.

Okay, pretty much everything he told us was spot on.

1 Like

The new king will have you questioning and deciding the prince has no royal genes. Or at least only from the queens side i am catching my first symphonic song tonight. It is going to be a long Dynasty!

2 Likes

I’m loving the Akiko sticks. I bought the USB stick too and it’s on its way. Can’t wait.
My QSA Yellow only arrived two days ago and now I need to buy the m-1? Sheesh!

Mick,

You can always wait. This is a journey. Fuses often offer as much as cables. If you got great cables and resolving system they provide value in spades I found some equipment doesn’t care as much about fuses. The P20 however does and to a lesser extent the DS DAC.

My system at this point responds to any tweak. It was not always there. One can tell the M-1 is special. I am guessing the black Diamond is Graphene. It is clearly the most Balance fuse I have heard. But I have less than $1.3 K experience in audiophile fuses.

It may not work for everyone. I found on this forum not many smoke and mirror testimonies. But not everything works I have tried. But that said going back to earlier configurations the tweaks end up staying until there is better I don’t regret one jump I made here. I always learn something and better music is damn fun.

2 Likes

I know I know, he certainly is a trusted deep expert of this absurd Reign!

And of course I’m already searching for the King on the web in order to find one here in Europe. This is not a journey, this is a never ending story! But I like it!

1 Like

Order placed! Here another subject of the Reign waiting for the King!
My brand new P20 is going to pass from stock fuse directly to M1 without the Purple step in between.

Am I a little too impulsive?

1 Like

I called it a music night at 3 AM. I could have went to sunrise.

My last song of the mid morning I heard Steve Miller play The Joker. Such 3 Dimensional Depth of songs that I even thought my digital system was playing vinyl before. I just found out I had never heard that song, or what it had in it. I don’t BS too much but guilty of superfluous language as charged. But damn this fuse is Maurice the Gangster Of Love Steve Miller learned how to play guitar from Les Paul. And oh my his guitar bones were showing.

5 Likes

@Vmax in which component did you install M1? In DS DAC?

@karthick Just M-1 in the P20 Regenerator. My DS already hasd a Beeswax Ultimate Super High Definition (SHD). The LPS for my Digital has a Purple SR fuse. My other Purple will go to Router LPS. My system and DS is pretty tweaked with 3M absorber as are my cables.

1 Like

I may have to skip purple and go M1. :confounded::cry::confounded:

1 Like

No tears should be lost.

1 Like

@andynotadam I have REL T9’s.
Do you know what exact fuse configuration i should get?

Manual says - Fuses: 3.15 Amp semi delay 230 volts operation, 6.3 Amp
semi delay 115 volts operation

Does this look right?

@Vmax I just got purple fuse for my P15 a month back :frowning: now we have the beewax!
Also is the recommendation - S facing to the back and R to the front regardless of any PS product.
I think I never followed this and need to go check once you reply.

@karthick Yes that is the way. The M-1 I installed with V in letter M pointing in current flow direction like an arrow. I don’t think it matters with AM Fuses. But since I like sound it is staying.

2 Likes

Thx,
S facing to the back meaning when i place it in the fuse bay, it should face inside of P15 while R faces towards outer end of PS15?