Synergistic Research ORANGE Quantum Fuse Vs Blue Fuse

I wish live were that simple.

I happen to agree with what you’re writing but measurements are limited to the tools used for measuring. Then, there are our ears – listener bias and all – and while I think measurements are valid in some cases, I’d rather trust my lying ears.

I have an article originally from the Polk Audio Forum but no longer have the link. It’s chock full of measurements regarding aftermarket fuses and I’d be happy to send it to you via e-mail should you so wish.

2 Likes

I am afraid you just lost me, there. :slight_smile:

This is far too broad of a statement. We will have to agree to disagree in this regard.

Nailed.

Almost all DACs, preamps, and amps measure flat. Yet they sound different.

Measurements are only the beginning.

5 Likes

I’m also a HiFi Tuning guy for the rails in my BHK 300’s and SR Blue’s for everything else. I’m not trying to wring out every last nuance. I got bigger “fish to fry”in my life.

I’ve got Hi Fi on the 300 rails as well and upgraded the rest of the rig from SR blue to orange. I have always been intrigued with the magic of beeswax but never tried it. I still consider fuses the best upgrade bang for the buck but at $250 a pop and the need for more than a dozen, priorities are elsewhere.

I never saw measurements for cables or fuses. Do cables make a difference? You bet! Do fuses make a difference? Yes. They could make things sound better, but sometimes they make them sound worse regardless of brand or price.

5 Likes

Right on Serhan…

If measurements in cable qualities that enable the betterment of our
audio experience…Then…

Has anyone with regenerators ever made measurements (akin to audio-pulse) of their
preamps, power amps prior to using the regenerator and compare those
with after installing and using their regenerators ?

More than likely no one has except maybe Paul or his team members.

Would lacking such before-after measurements detract or reduce
our greatly improved listening experience provided by our regenerators?

Of course not…not now or ever…

So the same applies to specialty fuse like those from Hi Fi Tuning and
Synergistic… These 2 outfits describe their conductor “filament” materials.
Which in many systems have proven their worth contrary to what others
may think.

The results will be far better and more noticeable
with a power regenerator in use.

Where as others are as a “mystery something or other” describing their stuff while
charging a very high price to astronomically ridiculous prices…

As of now this is how I see it…

Have fun tweaking and regenerating your ac power…

Best wishes all

2 Likes

Africanized bees wax may sound too agressive. Ha ha.

I noticed that Synergistic are doing their 3 for the price of 2 sale on their Orange fuses. (The Cable Co)

1 Like

Thinking to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal of Orange fuses. Based on your experiences, what component should get most perceived SQ improvement?

DS
Stellar P3
Paul Hines SRT4 for Matrix or Lumin streamer
Preamp (I have Conrad Johnson ACT2.2)
Ayre SACD player

No way to know, only guess.
I would start with the P3, which is just a wild ass guess.

I will go with P3 and SACD player first. I am not sure about the streamer, but I replaced three last year and found preamp has a bit less improvement than my P15 and DS DAC.

In my case Orange fuse in the P12 first - more bass and overall better dynamics were evident right away. Incoming power is poor (6% THD and fluctuating AC level). Then put the Oranges, about a week apart, in my DS DAC (factory fuse) and integrated amp (Blue fuse). Those changes were subtle in comparison.

1 Like

Whenever I use the same colour fuse all around the result destroys my enjoyment of the musical presentation.
With keen documentation I managed to place different colours from component to component achieving the presentation I love most.
This is pure trial and error but after a while you can tell what colour goes where and in which direction.
After your favourite presentation is found, stay and enjoy, temptation steps in very easily.

This is quite an accomplishment and must require tremendous dedication.

Thanks Elk
Similar to tube rolling, documentation is a must and prime house keeping. It is real fun and learning.
Small useful tip with SR fuses, I use a pencil eraser to freshen up the end caps and a kiss of Stabilant 22A

3 Likes

Glad to see someone elwe who uses stabilant 22a.

I’ve just bought an Orange fuse for P20. The leaflet says the end marked ‘S’ should go towards the input mains, ‘R’ to the device. 2 Questions

1. Does everyone agree with this?
  2. Is the live end the end that sticks in the cap, or the end that goes in the hole?

Oh Damn…Prom Night flash back…

2 Likes

Hi @chris5
It is my understanding that power regens. fuses have current flow from back to front, i.e. S to R = rear to front.

1 Like