P20 - anyone planning to test the new SR purple fuse against their Ultimate Premier in a P15 or P20?

Hey Vmax…now you will have a Purple Floyd… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Never tried some Deep Purple yet. The bass coming on strong today during burn in. A tad warmer than I like but it is likely just burn in. If not I will redo my system DSP calibration if it stays. Since it is whole system power it is possible.

1 Like

Hey Vmax …that is what I call a turn in ye ole country road of burn in…
Keep it a’goin’…
Thanks for the report

Happy trails pal

Best wishes

Okay at 125 hours. Had to pull my Beeswax Ultimate premier from my LPS powering the Netgear router. It was muffling transparency. I ordered another purple for HDPLEX300 300. As much pain as another burn in causes. I am in I will play witth it more to see if stacked purple fuses are that good.

So…are you favoring the Purple over the Wax?

Yes smoother and more realistic highs. After the Purple breaks in. I will swap the ultimate premier back to the P20. A plain jane fuse in LPS seems to be working better than ultimate premier. The PS audio gold ended white powder fuses are much much worse than beeswax. I will let you know what two inline purple fuses do. The Purple fuse is a no brainer for a power distribution system. Don’t wait. Burn in is a pain but half way 125 hours is awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for the report.:wink:

My P20 cable right now is only a BAV iconoclast right now. Whether a Dragon AQ cable needs purple we will find out.

Got it. I found I could hear subtle fuse differences in the P20 with cords that did, and did not, feature noise reduction.

Well the purple is not subtle on the top end or first octave bass. I hope the Dragon takes it even further.

Hello Vmax,

You said in your last post: “the purple is not subtle on the top end or first octave bass” and
higher : “smoother and more realistic highs”…
I don’t understand, isn’t there a contradiction in that ?
Could you clarify your thoughts please
Thanks

Cymbals and high hat sound realistic and one can tell better location differences in where the cymbal is struck outer versus inner. The decays are more apparent. Digital grit or muffled high notes are absent. Listening to a LSO Aaron Copeland Fan Fare to Common Man. I heard one trumpet whose timing and note playing was out of sync. The Timpani Kettle hits you could delineate length of deflection over time rather than a solid thump, all of the vibrational and sound wave timing of the hit had timing and textural feeling translated to the sound waves.

The bass is very defined in that respect.

It is more real and detailed across the board. If perfection to you is lack of nuances and sameness . This purple fuse is not for you. It shows both beauty and flaws.

3 Likes

Welcome, @2counos !

Ok, thanks !!
I understand better the meaning.
So the Purple is also for me.

Thanks.

Happy to be there :blush:

2 Likes

This sounds really promising. Mine will be arriving sometime this week. Although the new USPS service maybe slow, but is still better than FedEx. I have SR Orange in both P15 and BHK preamp, plus a ultimate in my DS now. Sounds like I need to get at least another Purple to replace the Orange in future.

I’m looking forward to hearing from your opinion on two purples.

1 Like

Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

Yes I hope I like two purples. I still have a beeswax in my DS. I definitely did not like it in my routers LPS following a purple. I will try once more after 200 hours. I really didn’t expect a broken in little fuse to beat an ultimate premier in the LPS. I even tried to see if beeswax was directional and it is not . Who knows if more than one purple will add anything to the mix. If not I will sell it as broken in. I think the graphene of the purple must be most of the magic.

2 Likes

My Audio Horizons landed yesterday, and I plan to put them in for a listen. Fingers crossed!

I look forward to your experience. Remember to give it 4 weeks burn in. It will get smoother and more airy/3D.

1 Like